• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

Here was my last big tow from this summer, a John Deere 2010 Diesel with a kelley loader. The tractor was about 2 hours north of me. My GPS always wants to take the highway so when I left the place I picked it up I though I knew my way back to the highway I wanted to take. I missed a turn and ended up right on the beach on a 100 degree day. All the narrow streets were packed with Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches.We get a lot of Chicago people here on the weekends. There was no way I was going to fit down those streets so I seen a big empty parking lot with a exit only sign and a street on the other side heading out of town. Thank God for that parking lot. :D

The 6.5 pulled her good, after winching it on with a come-along for about 4 hours I drove home with the AC maxed and daydreaming about our michigan winters.

DSCI1150.jpg

DSCI1149.jpg

DSCI1148.jpg

Heres how the 2010 looks now, almost done.

DSCI1177.jpg

Whats the story on the Deere? Sorry, neat old tractors are interesting.

Whats the story on the Deere? Sorry, neat old tractors are interesting.

It ran a ad in some classifieds looking for old tractors to fix up. I got a lot of people with a busted up farmall A for $7000. I seem to attract these people. Some woman told me about this JD, said it would start and hasn't ran in a few years. Didn't give me a price or anything. I went up and looked at it and her husband said he needed $2000 for it. It was overgrown in trees, the loader was half taken off. It was a mess. I offered them $1500 and the entire time I was winching it up I was thinking how stupid I am. It had lots of hydraulic leaks, the steering gearbox was pumping oil out the center of the steering wheel. Ive got a little over $2000 in it. Still needs a steering wheel and I just ordered a new fuel gauge and sending unit. Ill probably have about 3k into it when Im done. I got lucky and found a set of used rear tires for $100.

Picture of my 6.5 hauling a 98' Ram Cummins for my friend Bill.

Attachments

• hauling bills truck.jpg
    hauling bills truck.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 24
I should have taken pictures of the load of concrete block and ready mix I hauled from lowes. About 16,000lbs, those load range Ds on back were about to let the rims touch the ground. That was a stupid miscalculation on my part.

is that hand-line? I dont see any sprinkler risers though.

I didn't pick those up yet, I bought this stuff from my great uncle, it used to be my great grandpas. I bought his irrigation setup, pump and everything. Also a transplanter and potato digger. There is 3 sprinkler heads that do a 100ft radius and a bunch of smaller ones.

The pipe is 20ft 4" steel and 4", 3" and 2" 30ft aluminum. The pump is a 6cyl chrystler with a hale pump.

I may have to haul around a forklift we just picked up, 10k lbs itself. I'll snap a pic if I do. Not worried at all about the Duramax handling it. :thumbsup:

I didn't pick those up yet, I bought this stuff from my great uncle, it used to be my great grandpas. I bought his irrigation setup, pump and everything. Also a transplanter and potato digger. There is 3 sprinkler heads that do a 100ft radius and a bunch of smaller ones.

The pipe is 20ft 4" steel and 4", 3" and 2" 30ft aluminum. The pump is a 6cyl chrysler with a hale pump.

leaning tower of inline power?

what brand is the potato digger? I take it you are getting into small time spud harvest? with the low overhead, on a bad year, you will be the only profitable spud farmer! :D

leaning tower of inline power?

what brand is the potato digger? I take it you are getting into small time spud harvest? with the low overhead, on a bad year, you will be the only profitable spud farmer! :D

The tater digger is a john deere, I have 2 old IH ground driven diggers but the JD is a pto driven. I just unloaded a hay wagon off the trailer I bought yesterday, should have taken a pic. I noticed it has a hoist under it, I didn't notice that when I bought it.

The tater digger is a john deere, I have 2 old IH ground driven diggers but the JD is a pto driven. I just unloaded a hay wagon off the trailer I bought yesterday, should have taken a pic. I noticed it has a hoist under it, I didn't notice that when I bought it.
This stuff would fit nicely in the farming forum. We haven't put anything over there in quite some time guys.

Back