• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Post your towing pictures and heavy loads here! :cool:

here is a load of 6 hot tubs on a 25ft flat bed. total weight is about 11k
garageimage_017.jpg

garageimage_015.jpg

Little over the limit maybe? Looks good man..

Wish I could get a pic of us towing 30K with our DMaxes. Total GCWR is 36K.

havve to wait till summer.

what is it your towing? the most weight ive towed is 15k that was with alot of tubs and a 6k forklift

Solid Concrete blocks and hay bales.

Our trailer is a 34ft Tri-flex axle.

The 6ft blocks weigh 4,000lbs each we haul six at a time and the trailer weighs about 6K itself.

Or we'll haul 3ft blocks which in the end equals the same amount of weight cause we haul twice as much.

We can haul 36 3x3x8ft bales on it as well. Each of these bales are packed tight and weigh in at just under 1,000lbs a piece.

I usually get stuck doing all of the hauling, but I dont mind it, especially when its 90* and 900% humidity like it always is in Wisconsin.

As for the truck. Your probbably wondering how it puts up with it??

Well It doesnt.

The truck is an 02 GMC 2500hd EC/LB D/A. It has had the Edge Juice w/Attitude for the last 3 or 4 years. Its always on 3, even while towing. Temps never get too high.

The gooseneck is rated for 36,000K, I dont know how we found one rated for that but we did. Now the ball sits a whole 1" further back than it was and its angled a bit too.

Brakes have been replaced on the truck twice (truck has 110,000K) and the trailer 3 times.

The tranny is giving up though. It does all kinds of weird things and has pretty high temps.

Probably this summer or next winter it will need to be rebuilt. Im planning on a mild Suncoast kit w/converter, mag pan and Mike L cooler.

its always good to see these trucks hauling that weight. i think it would be a good idea to rebuild the tranny especially if you are towing that much with a tune on it

26k log weight + trailer. We loaded them with a crane with a scale and they were just over 26k.

Here's a few of mine: My buddie's enclosed, Some scrap metal from work, and my brother's big screen (what a load! lol)

Wow DURAMAXX, that is one hell of a load! I cant believe you didnt pick up any bikini babes with all those tubs!

Back