• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

Thanks guys! I am retiring in the next 2 years and plan on doing this full time for a while. Just came back from a 10 day trip and loved it! Ready to see the rest of the world.

Hello jackrabbit. Your towing picture is very nice! I just want you to ask, do you know where I can buy that kind of heavy equipment trailer on your picture? Or can you can suggest me some models of truck for my hauling business? Thanks.

Welcome to the site!

start your own thread down in the towing and hauling area, the area in which this post is listed in. (click here, and click post new thread at the top right) when you post a new thread, tell us your intended cargo, how mechanically inclined you are, what you expect the truck to do, manual or auto, 2 or 4wd. dually or single wheel (concerning both trailer and truck)

I am needing to haul farm equipment, none of which is super heavy (we leave the big stuff to the semi) but bulky, and I like low center of gravity and less wind drag, so I have been combing for a low profile (pierced frame) 14K (or slightly higher, basically single wheel) gross gooseneck. you can find them all day long in a 20K gross tandem dually, but almost never in a single wheel. I finally found that Big Tex offers a single wheel goose with low profile. Once I can scrape up enough cash, as well as find out if a straight tail option is available rather than dovetail, I will probably go for one of these. Until then, I will continue renting dad's gooseneck.

welcome to the site, hope you learn lots!

Shouldn't the fuel be going into the tow vehicle rather than the one on the trailer? :hihi:

Hahaha very true. He did fill my tank after his there and just before home. The stupid p/o ran the tuck to almost bone dry and we didnt want to take any chances of running dry. Plus iirc it was running kinda sputtery and we tough condensation was setting in. Never had any issues later.

haha nope, the big truck is scrap. My 6.5 is no stranger to getting worked hard. 1/4 million miles all original motor and still going strong.

You should see the loads i haul in the bed alone lol

My truck has you beat on miles for all original. I think Im around 290k.

I seen some guys running around with a 3500HD with a 10ft contractor bet loaded with tools plus a bigass trailer with a small excavator on it. It was rolling coal pretty good. I couldn't imagine the weight that was there. This didnt look like a one time deal. It was a all day work rig for some company.

IMG_20130201_153101_335-L.jpg

IMG_20130103_112930_768-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

Trip to Maryland to pick up my brothers 1986 Mustang GT.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 7
2 yards of moist compost

I have 2 cubic yards of moist organic compost under the tarp. It squatted the truck pretty good. I felt it hit the bump stops going down the road.

On my wish list are timbrens and roadmaster active suspension springs. I dislike a sagging truck. At least the ride was soft.

Attachments

• load-compost.jpg
    load-compost.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 13
  • compost bump stop.jpg
    compost bump stop.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
Back