• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

hmm, missed this thread somehow.

Back when I had my '99 GMC ECLB 2500LD. Towed this from Idaho Falls, ID to Orofino, ID. Slow going on the interstate up the continental divide into Montana and Lolo Pass back into Idaho, but we made it. The back of the truck was loaded with stuff too, she was definitely squatting.
P4120005.jpg

The variety of uses the current truck does. The camper + jet boat was noticeable weight. Kept forgetting the Jeep was back there, truck didn't even care. The hay....well 20,000+ lbs is definitely noticeable.
0807111157a.jpg
0618101529-01.jpg
5104.jpg

Towing Long

1315252019.jpg

Conch 27 with Volvo KAD 44 diesel, '99 Suburban K2500 with 6.5TD ATT, etc.:agreed:

No, it's a console cabin w/ full 360 walk around. The diesel is a 3.7 liter 24 valve straight six w/ sequential supercharger/turbo producing 260 hp. Bought it this past February and been rigging since. This was the first shakedown trip and now I have a to do list to take me through the fall. Engine and drive have 520 total hours, or almost broken in. Engine ran flawless. However, the hydraulic steering is leaking from sitting and needs to be replaced. Also need to go through trailer disc brakes and switch the actuator from surge to electric over hydraulic. That's boats, especially saltwater boats, for ya.

Not hauling a huge load, but doing some Saturday yard work at work. Im tired of banging my head on branches mowing under them.

Attachments

• Brush Haul 1.jpg
    Brush Haul 1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Brush Haul 2.jpg
    Brush Haul 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 5
Here's a pic of my 30' camper I owned for 8 years. I sold it to insurance 2 weeks ago due to hail damage. It's old and heavy but my 6.5 pulled it like a team of well trained clydesdale's.IMG-20110826-00575.jpg

I picked up 4 loads of pipe and some sucker rod. I found out that the forklift weighs more than 60 joints of pipe. It may have been the wind resistance but it also seemed like more weight to get moving.

There is around 70 joints of sucker rod with the forklift, it felt like it too.

Attachments

• SA400830.jpg
    SA400830.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SA400832.jpg
    SA400832.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SA400833.jpg
    SA400833.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 15
I think with the forklift and sucker rod I may have been over my licensed 30,000#

I picked up 4 loads of pipe and some sucker rod. I found out that the forklift weighs more than 60 joints of pipe. It may have been the wind resistance but it also seemed like more weight to get moving.

There is around 70 joints of sucker rod with the forklift, it felt like it too.
I could've used the pipe and rods!....that stuff is hard to get around here,don't know why...there rigs all around the country here.:rolleyes5:

I could've used the pipe and rods!....that stuff is hard to get around here,don't know why...there rigs all around the country here.:rolleyes5:

20 yrs from now when those wells are old, you will have lots of used pipe to choose from.

Do you know many well operators you could ask?

It just dawned on me Simon, your wells have h2s don't they? Only allowed 1ppm to sell the pipe.

I don't know what yer yapping about Leo? i ain't no driller

OK, I'll talk slower:rolleyes5::D

h2s is hydrogen sulfide gas, it's what your neighbor "Weevil Ludwig" gets so upset about. 1ppm is one part per million.

Sorry,for some reason i know more about buffalo:rolleyes5:

But OK i got ye,...you could've said "sour gas" like normal people do;)

I take it Wiebo the blower upper does not impress you to much...don't he?:hihi:
To bad he ain't no longer in business,i could've used him here to keep Pen West( oil companie) at bay( they wanna drill 2 ugly holes in my land :WTF:

Back