• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

yeah.. for the time being.. there is stuff that starting to show that need fixed on the 99.. also like to get a allison put in as well, which will require spustainal amoung of down time for the truck, (new harness, driveshaft, tranny mounts), equiping the truck with power windows, locks, mirrors swapping to GMT800 style, gear swap form 4.63 to 4.10 and 4 link air ride on the rear axle...
something was machined right with the engine in the red truck.. with 70k on the engine mpg isnt what it should be and i have too much blowby. i think the machine shop went too big on the PTWC.. will be getting a new virgin block and i will get ptwc and quench back in spec and go at it again..

the 800 series truck are, IMO, nothing compared to the 455 trucks when talking suspension, frame, brake system wheels/tires
this has given me some ideas tho.. i'll meassue cab mount spacings.. since i have a 800 reg cab :D
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv254/MrWonka/GEDC2071.jpg

yeah.. for the time being.. there is stuff that starting to show that need fixed on the 99.. also like to get a allison put in as well, which will require spustainal amoung of down time for the truck, (new harness, driveshaft, tranny mounts), equiping the truck with power windows, locks, mirrors swapping to GMT800 style, gear swap form 4.63 to 4.10 and 4 link air ride on the rear axle...
something was machined right with the engine in the red truck.. with 70k on the engine mpg isnt what it should be and i have too much blowby. i think the machine shop went too big on the PTWC.. will be getting a new virgin block and i will get ptwc and quench back in spec and go at it again..

the 800 series truck are, IMO, nothing compared to the 455 trucks when talking suspension, frame, brake system wheels/tires
this has given me some ideas tho.. i'll meassue cab mount spacings.. since i have a 800 reg cab :D
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv254/MrWonka/GEDC2071.jpg

Iirc, a 800 interior can fit in a 400. Dash and seats mostly. Iirc someone did that on "the page" when they did their dmax swap. Tan ints probably match pretty close.

Source Unknown

Figure I will post a couple of my BURB from here recently. The 1st one is a 27 foot SEARAY cabin cruiser, and the 2nd one is a 43 foot 1955 SPARTAN imperial mansion park model travel trailer.1210131016a_282571.jpeg1383003_10102246443181701_337497365_n.jpg

Those are both sweet trailers, park em at my place if you want! The most I've towed is my 30' Steel 3 horse slant with an 8' short wall w/ living quarters. Three horses, and everything you could ever need for elk camp and 10 12' panels on the panel hangers. Trailer weighs 5500lbs empty. Completely stock my truck new it was back there going up over the pass in the mountains but I cant see it being much over 10-11k pounds

Nice trailer Simon.

This one followed me home yesterday.
Thanks Leo.
Got yourself a Wilson didn't you ;)...new one???
I looked at a 2007 used Wilson 22' , the 25' Duralite was the same price so i figgerd may as well buy new and enjoy the 7 year warranty.
The Duralite's are riveted as well.:agreed:

Those are both sweet trailers, park em at my place if you want! The most I've towed is my 30' Steel 3 horse slant with an 8' short wall w/ living quarters. Three horses, and everything you could ever need for elk camp and 10 12' panels on the panel hangers. Trailer weighs 5500lbs empty. Completely stock my truck new it was back there going up over the pass in the mountains but I cant see it being much over 10-11k pounds
My trailer weighs 3800 lbs
A steel one same length is at least 2200 lb more.

Thanks Leo.
Got yourself a Wilson didn't you ;)...new one???
I looked at a 2007 used Wilson 22' , the 25' Duralite was the same price so i figgerd may as well buy new and enjoy the 7 year warranty.
The Duralite's are riveted as well.:agreed:
My brother has an older Wilson and it has been a good trailer. I would have bought his old one if he got a new one but he thought it was worth more.

I hadn't heard of the Duralite before, lot's of different makes out there.

And yes, it's new, feel kind of guilty.:eek:

Oh, your's is longer by 1 ft. just like other things, likely.:eek:

My brother has an older Wilson and it has been a good trailer. I would have bought his old one if he got a new one but he thought it was worth more.

Don't worry,.. it ain't staying new,..the first dent is always the worst ;)

Mine is only 2",:eek:..........most girls found it pretty wide:hihi:

You are like me then.
No bones about buying a new stock trailer,..but to cheap to buy a new truck :hihi:
Trailer gets used 5 times a year,..truck gets used daily :???:

You are like me then.
No bones about buying a new stock trailer,..but to cheap to buy a new truck :hihi:
Trailer gets used 5 times a year,..truck gets used daily :???:
Ya, we could likely by our trucks 3 or 4 times over for what the trailers cost. Damn livestock wouldn't even notice the difference.:nonod:

Back