• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post your Towing Pictures here!

5ehaga7a.jpg

zamyve3y.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How the truck tow on the long haul? Did you do any fuel mileage checks? Nice load there! It looks like the rear end had a little sag to it. Does a trailer like that have any weight distribution?

I did about 14mpg on the way there at 75mph with the empty trailer. I did about 11mpg on the way back loaded up hill and my tune files were off. Really pulled like chit. When I got home I had to midify the elevation table in the ECM. At the lower elevation it pulled like a dream as I got higher and higher it got pretty bad. Also the turbo brake wouldn't work up here. The vanes wouldn't close and build boost once the air thinned out

Oh and it wasnt squatting much at all just where I was parked in the old mans yard. I put 2" blocks under the rear leafs when I cranked my t bars and its still raked. One thing I cannot stand is squatty trucks towing stuff.

I hauled one about that size a few months back except it had a back hoe atatchment on it, and the box blade for it on the front of the trailer. Pissed the wife off because I could still accelerate faster loaded down than her car can.

Based on what you were paying last fall you might be able to get it to pay for itself

Sent from my SCH-I535

I alway assumed that the ECM would adjust the air/fuel stuff on its own. Guess it needs some help. I need to look into this more. Maybe ferm know more about it

It does adjust, but it uses altitude based tables to vary boost to fuel as you go up or down in altitude. Look at your tune and you have to make sure it doesn't enable the EGR tables because the DSP spots only have egr off tables in them. So if it goes to the EGR on tables you will revert back to the base tables.

Back