• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 Progress

NHDRA used to make it down here to Houston but it stopped bc of expense. was kinda sad to see so many empty seats compared to NHRA.

Yeah, the turn out was a little disappointing this year. Last year had 3 times as many competitors show up and spectators. I dont know what is up with it this year. Still fun, but nothing blowing me away like other years

Update: It RUNS!!!! And it runs damn smooth. Fired right up. Holds about 70psi oil pressure. Got the oil cooler lines in, and made custom mounting brackets. I wish I could sell it as a kit. Real only issue is the FFM is leaking from the bottom like a SOB. I think for now I am just gonna throw a spare FFM on it and deal with it after the wedding!

Well, hit a few minor snags. Had a fuel leak from the FFM on the bottom for the WIF. Replaced it with a spare which fixed that leak, but one of my injection lines apparently hadn't been tightened down by Thor and was leaking slightly so I got that tightened up and then some. Fixed that leak. Oil filter adapter O-Ring was leaking (suspect it got pinched during install) so I replaced that O-Ring. And naturally.....both valve cover gaskets leak. Go figure. God forbid they don't with that excellent design GM had. So I got those apart and re-siliconed and are going to sit. All little things coming together slowly. But she runs excellent and smooth. Really excited once she is broke in to start tinkering with her.

I know what you are going through with the valve covers. I still got to pull my driver side valve cover. It's been leaking for about 6 months or how ever long it's been since I put the engine back in. I haven't put probably 200 miles on it since I put it all back together. Having to take the injector lines off again and putting them back on is what sucks. There ain't nothing to the plenums.

Man I keep thinking about some slightly longer flexable hoses as injector lines. It would make it so much easier to do things like valve covers. Rated 7,000 psi and rated for the ethonal in the diesel... hmm.

I have really great results with permatex the right stuff.

Man I keep thinking about some slightly longer flexable hoses as injector lines. It would make it so much easier to do things like valve covers. Rated 7,000 psi and rated for the ethonal in the diesel... hmm.

I have really great results with permatex the right stuff.

Sounds like a good idea!

well well well. Been messing with the P400 fixing oil leaks and fuel leaks. During a fire up checking the valve cover leaks, I felt a lot of abnormal air coming out of the cylinders on the intake side. So WTF. Pulled the D/S head and pressure tested the head. Every single intake valve is leaking air past the valve seats and one of the exhaust valves is as well. So gonna call AMG Monday about it. I am less and less and less impressed by the quality of this whole experience with the P400 every day. None of it Leroy's doing, but there seems to be a serious lack of quality from AMG. I'm sure the P/S is leaking as well. I am getting a hold of our engine builder to see what can be done with them. Looking like this whole truck with the wedding thing aint gonna happen

Back