• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P400 Progress

6.5L

Old Iron Runner
Reaction score
Well, the engine is almost ready to go. It's sitting at my house. Oil pan with it, along with some of Leroys nice and shiny oil cooler lines. And today's present: Injection Pump and Injectors. Courtesy with a new and handle dandy torque screw as well that my pump guy installed. He was curious what we could do with it. Said the way he has it setup now, it's stock fueling levels. Adjust it all the way out, and it's 100cc's. And anywhere in-between. I assume he set it up to full fuel in the fuel screw and then adjusted it back through the governor. Should be handy to try out. To my knowledge, I don't think it's been done yet on a 6.5L pump. I know on the 7.3L IDI pumps they come with one. KIMG0670.JPG KIMG0669.JPG

17% increase in fueling. Nice when you have enough air to burn it all with, like with a bigger, better flowing turbo!

I got PLENTY of air available. It's the fueling increase I need. The plan is keep it at stock fueling until motor and clutch are broke in. Then slowly start increasing my fueling until max. If it is handling it ok, I am going to step up with the 120cc range after that.

I know you've got plenty of turbo, just stating that that is a healthy fuel increase best utilized by more air.

Should have just jammed the hypertech puff limiter on it for smoke free full fuel. This appears to be the same thing only a set screw rather than an aneroid.

I'm very excited to see how it is going to perform. Should be a heck of a torque monster. It isn't really like the puff limiter. This just cuts the overall fuel amount across the board. The limiter cuts it pre-boost and then goes full fuel. Once this is backed out all the way, I will have full fueling. He said it will be smokier than usual down low but it also increases the fuel curve way more than before, and the turbo should clean it up.

Can you get a closet shot of this screw you're talking about? It sounds really interesting. I can't to see this thing run!

Only some of the 7.3 pumps had the torque screw, not all.
0516908149cff37c32312da58eae1e3f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I ordered this little goodie today. AirDog100. My injection pump was tested at 100cc's from 5psi fuel boost pressure at WOT. I think that'd be borderline too much for my Walbro FRB-5. It was only holding 2psi at WOT as is at 88cc's. So going to step it up. I think the adjustable regulator will also help me fine tune my fueling and my dynamic timing. I will try to get a better picture of the fuel screw tonight. KIMG0681 (1).JPG

I didn't. It was a quick pan off, new pan on deal. It's becoming crunch time. The fiance and I are using it in our wedding coming up, so it's got to be done very soon. Trying to get as much done as soon as possible. This pic was taken a while back. It's just about ready to drop in and go now, just waiting on a few more parts to get here. It should be done this weekend and running as long as we don't hit any huge snags. If not then, then by mid next week. Just getting shit done here and there after work.

Back