• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Water to Air intercooler install

Just need to do a lot of buffing and polishing on them. Then send them here to me and I'll take them over to Lincoln Industries and have them black chromed. LI does ALL the plating work for Harley Davidson!

Just need to do a lot of buffing and polishing on them. Then send them here to me and I'll take them over to Lincoln Industries and have them black chromed. LI does ALL the plating work for Harley Davidson!
Man, you have all the cool places by you!!

Man, you have all the cool places by you!!
Lincoln Industries is a mile from my house. Surplus Center is four miles and Speedway Motors HQ, warehouse and Museum of Racing five miles away. Duncan Aviation is out at the airport about six miles away.

Lincoln Industries is a mile from my house. Surplus Center is four miles and Speedway Motors HQ, warehouse and Museum of Racing five miles away. Duncan Aviation is out at the airport about six miles away.
Huh! There was a Duncan Aviation out here too, but I don't think they're here anymore.

Huh! There was a Duncan Aviation out here too, but I don't think they're here anymore.
Duncan was founded in Lincoln. They also have I think three other shops in the US and one in Europe, maybe. Their main install/paint/custom facility is here in Lincoln.

Yup, @n8in8or , Battle Creek, MI. Right by that 1,200,000 gallon Enbridge Line 6B Tarsands crude spill into the Kalamazoo River that they've spent over $1B to clean up since it happened and still don't have all of it removed.
http://www.duncanaviation.aero/locations/
Look at you, being all knowledgeable about my hometown ;) Yup, I used to hear their airboats on Morrow Pond all the time at work while they were doing the bulk of the clean up.

I got the hook openings trimmed out today. I also added the fasteners for attaching them to the hook opening supports. I cut some all-thread to make 3/4" long studs. Then I drilled through both pieces. Finally I plug welded them and ground them smooth again. Totally hidden. Now everything is DAd smooth. I have put everything back together so tomorrow I can reinstall the bumper and work on the braces at the bottom. I have decided to also make some connectors at the bottom of the hook opening to better tie everything together - for both strength and to make sure everything stays aligned. My hope is to have all the fab work done this weekend so I can take everything to the blaster on Monday. Oh by the way, the wing nuts are just for mockup purposes. IMG_7990.JPGIMG_7991.JPGIMG_7992.JPGIMG_7993.JPGIMG_7994.JPGIMG_7995.JPGIMG_7996.JPGIMG_7997.JPGIMG_7998.JPGIMG_7999.JPG

I've wanted to do something similar but with air to air. whats always held me back (besides time and money :) ) is the pipe routing.

I've wanted to do something similar but with air to air. whats always held me back (besides time and money :) ) is the pipe routing.
Yeah, that was one of the factors that steered me to water/air. If I could just shove an air to air out through the hood, that would be the best of all worlds. :D;)

I just got the bumper reinstalled and I love how it looks so much that I just couldn't help posting a couple more pics. :D:snaphappy::snaphappy: I like the black and silver together - kinda makes me think of Dale Earnhardt's old paint schemes. IMG_8004.JPGIMG_8005.JPGIMG_8006.JPG

Back