• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Sounds like Great Balls of my butts on fire
No, not really. The jalapeno is flavoring, not the main ingredient. We have a local brewery out of Broken Bow, Nebraska, Kinkaider Brewery, that makes a really great jalapeno ale called Devil's Gap. A few years back on NBC's The Today Show, during a cooking segment on making various Mexican dishes at home, the chef paired the food with Devil's Gap and said how well the two complimented each other and how hard Devil's Gap was to get at the time, as it was made at a microbrewery in a small town called Broken Bow out in the Sandhills of Nebraska, from pure Ogallala Aquifer water and Nebraska grain. Well, that National mention is all it took to drive demand (and sales) through the roof! Kinkaider was able to expand operations and their line of brews they offer, and they now have distribution into several surrounding states. Devil's Gap is still their most popular and in demand brew.

Sorry guys, I have been off the radar the last 2 weeks working on a project startup!
Ahhh, but the jackalope milk is SO worth getting one of those critters for, @MrMarty51. Those City Boys can always just buy the canned Jackalope milk at places like Little America, WY if they can't rope one and milk it themselves!
Visually the rotors looks great. The rears were just replaced before I bought it with new pads but the fronts were about 1 year old. They have a tiny rust ridge on the outside of where the calipers ride but in honestly are some of the best looking ones I have seen with any winter time on them! I didn't perform any measurements, purely visual. The pedal is nice and solid with no rumbling to indicate a warped rotor.
WOW this one has certainly gone OT
Haha, I told myself I missed a lot while I was gone! To be honest I have been on a Jameson kick lately!

The ole Yukon is still going strong. Almost up to 180K of nearly problem free. A few months back I did snap the drivers "u" bracket holding the sway bar rubber to the frame. Sadly these were brand new O'Reilly mounts with rubbers. Well just last week I needed to perform an off camber exit over a knoll due to being blocked in a parking spot at the local drive through. CLANG!, snapped the other side off.

Getting ready to put the Yukon up for the winter, going to try my hand at rocker replacement!

Dug out the caliper, and the sway bar measures 1.25-inches in diameter. Looks like a lot of them measure in mm, and inches. Napa doesn't have a listing for a 1.25-inch/32-mm bar. I do see RA has a few Mevotech options, thinking those or ACDelco. Other common sizes seem to be 28-mm, and 33-mm.

Also, where do you guys get replacement body patch panels from? looking for a reputable place for nice straight rockers and maybe lower rear quarters if things go well. I don't plan on the slip on route, really looking to cut and, graft in new panels to eliminate rust and not "hide" it.

Acquired a Firepower FP 130 mig welder for nothing. Sent it out to the local welding shop for an inspection. Seems to be having penetration issues on even really thin material. Had a buddy who is a welder check it out and he believes there is an issue with it. Will see what they come back with.

Weather the end of this week seems to be changing with over 1-inch of rain expected Saturday, and then temperatures plunging into the 20s with sleet turning to snow Sunday. Might be time to get the Yukon in the barn before Sunday!

Yeah, and part of the problem with our society as a whole. Nothing gets fixed anymore - not only is it throw it away and get another, but not even designed to be serviced/repaired in the first place. Like, say, "lubed for life (til failure)" ball joints. Or repairing TVs when something goes on the fritz. $500 parts/labor to repair - or a brand new, another piece of Chinesium junk from Wallymart for $347 that will die after the warranty expires like the other one did.

Today I managed to start removal of the plastic core support cover, grille, and bumper. A few of the bolts were going really tough, so I opted to soak them in penetrant, and take a break. I did see additional damage from the deer hit. It looks as if the plastic backing for the signal marker lights is cracked allowing the drivers signal to keep falling out. I will need to get a list together for the JY. I am contemplating doing a partial Denali conversion (front & rear bumpers, grille, and lower signal lights). I haven't been able to find a replacement bumper (00-02 pickup style, or 00-06 Yukon/Yukon XL style) that aren't either rotted, or dented worse than mine. I see more Denali parts out there.

Will see what it brings tomorrow during lunch break. Hopefully I can get the bumper off, and both running boards.

Got some work done. Running boards removed:
20221117_113914.jpg
20221117_115313.jpg

The front bumper was missing a bolt, and the driver's side posed challenges. The welded nut broke loose, so I just cut the bolt for now. Was due to the tweaked bumper mount from the deer hit.
20221117_124949.jpg
20221117_124956.jpg
20221117_125507.jpg
Prepping for the rear bumper removal:
20221117_125840.jpg

Back