• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 2005 Yukon XL

Ahhh, but the jackalope milk is SO worth getting one of those critters for, @MrMarty51. Those City Boys can always just buy the canned Jackalope milk at places like Little America, WY if they can't rope one and milk it themselves!
So very true. I never did try some a that but I did have a friend that herded them into pens and put them into milking stalls. She made a fortune from that stuff.
I always kept up wind when she would visit. Packed an oder kind of smelled like a Billy goat. Yup, them jackalopes is raaasnk.

I hear the stuff puts hair on your chest, makes shy men bold and ugly girls look purty - kinda like drinking lots of Lonestar beer does, @MrMarty51!
Never did see some lone star beer but have drank down tanker loads of Schmidt. The brew that grew with the great North West or some such. Sometimes there was pics of elks on the case cartons, that day it was elken burger for supper, sometimes it was deer so then it was venison fillets and sometimes it was fish. So with those methods we never did go hungry and always had a fresh supply of wild game meat or fish. 😹😹😹

Ask our Texas boys, like @dbrannon79 or Leroy about Lonestar beer. Heck, not only does my friend, Dale Watson, like it, his band are the Lonestars and he's a paid spokesperson for Lonestar beer and does commercial spots for it during interludes between songs during a set!

My first experience with Lonestar was as an 18 year old Private at Ft. Sam Houston, TX drinking Lonestar beer with a Wild Turkey 101 shot chaser at the post's NCO Club! Now, not to piss off some of our Tejan members, I do also drink Shiner Bock and Pearl, too.

to be honest I'm not a beer drinker. prefer straight whiskey myself. Lately I tend to visit my pal Jack Daniels quite a bit and usually show up with some coke to through in ths mix. especially when it's karaoke night lol, of course I don't sing, just sit and be entertained by the girls singing and dancing :D

Ask our Texas boys, like @dbrannon79 or Leroy about Lonestar beer. Heck, not only does my friend, Dale Watson, like it, his band are the Lonestars and he's a paid spokesperson for Lonestar beer and does commercial spots for it during interludes between songs during a set!

My first experience with Lonestar was as an 18 year old Private at Ft. Sam Houston, TX drinking Lonestar beer with a Wild Turkey 101 shot chaser at the post's NCO Club! Now, not to piss off some of our Tejan members, I do also drink Shiner Bock and Pearl, too.
We did used to have Great Falls Select beer. 😖🤮

to be honest I'm not a beer drinker. prefer straight whiskey myself. Lately I tend to visit my pal Jack Daniels quite a bit and usually show up with some coke to through in ths mix. especially when it's karaoke night lol, of course I don't sing, just sit and be entertained by the girls singing and dancing :D
Me and old Jack did a lot of walks around the town. He was a lot of fun to hang out with, until He wasnt. 😹😹😹😹

Wild Turkey!!

My wife tried burning down a local establishment with Wild Turkey.

She was drinking flaming shots and spilled one on the bar.

I used to like beer. Still do. It just doesn't like me anymore.

I have an allergy reaction to beer, well, anything alcohol related actually.
Seems I get some kind of a rash and break out in handcuffs. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹
I just get the rash and swelling. So far anyway!

It's weird. Combination allergies they believe. Exacerbated and changed somewhat by the new drugs.

Sometimes something will cause immediate swelling and face rash. And the next time nothing. Busch Lite, Miller Lite, Blue Moon, raspberry vodka and plenty of other stuff.

.Never with scotch.

.Never with scotch.
I'm a Single Malt man myself. The Glen Livet Founders Reserve and 18 year old. Glen Fiddich. Balvenie. Glen Morangie. The Macallan. Been a good Scotch man since my early 20's, none of that cheap, blended crap. My choice when it comes to a good sippin' spirit, although I have grown a hankering for Templeton Rye over the past couple of years, too.

I'm a Single Malt man myself. The Glen Livet Founders Reserve and 18 year old. Glen Fiddich. Balvenie. Glen Morangie. The Macallan. Been a good Scotch man since my early 20's, none of that cheap, blended crap. My choice when it comes to a good sippin' spirit, although I have grown a hankering for Templeton Rye over the past couple of years, too.
Tried some rye whiskey Saturday and it doesn't agree with me. At least it didn't Saturday
Your scotch list is the same as mine.
I had my first scotch when I was 13 or 14.

A friend emptied his Dad's scotch into a mason jar and put it in our beverage fridge in the basement. Not sure what it was, but if I remember right it tasted like Glenlivet.

I was hooked on scotch ever since but it was years before I thought I could afford it.
Nice things was the other guys didn't like the scotch so I had most of the Quart to myself

I used to make home brew wine back in the day! would make it out of all kinds of stuff, even the organic juice from the store! my next door neighbor was the test subject. he was what you call a real wino! I would ferment it for about a month and then bottle it in soda bottles and keep them in the fridge. he would always ask which flavor I was making. I would give him a bottle or two to try out. a few days later he came out asking me "what did you do to me"!! apparently he didn't know not to drink the yeast sediment at the bottom nor to let it sit bottled (longer the wait, the better it tasted) he had guzzled both bottles and said he blew a gasket and couldn't leave the throne. haha I went to school him on how wine has to sit bottled for at least a year for it to be good and even then it has to be filtered more since I wasn't running it through a cheese cloth to catch all the yeast. Plus keep I cold or it would start fermenting again and explode the bottle.

He'd always come back asking for more too! one day his wife was out in the yard and mentioned to me that he had been stuck on the throne while he had a bottle in his hand, haha. the next time I talked to him I told him that it's more for sipping and to lay off the guzzling unless you needed a colon cleansing. But he didn't listen. I had made some fresh plumb wine and gave him a bottle to try. I didn't expect him to down it right in front of me but he did!! his wife made me stop sharing it with him after that!!

Templeton Rye is/was made in Templeton, Iowa using the same recipe used pre- and during Prohibition and is now bottled in Indiana. During prohibition, Al Capone drank and served Templeton, calling it "The good stuff".

It's been about 20 years since I made any wine. I used to start a batch around January, have it bottled by the next month and leave them sit in the fridge till December in the garage. I would give them out as Christmas gifts. everyone loved them! would get supplies from a home brew shop up in San Antonio. I may have to start doing that again. it was something to enjoy watching it ferment in the kitchen and the aroma would fill the house!

Back