• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Moose Call...

And, gassers do not like to do much below 3K RPM where all indications point to that the gears whine around 5K+. Would not like to see the results if my 6.5 turned that fast ;)

I just dropped the Burb's differentials to 3.42's and am very happy with the decision. For a muffler, I am only using a 30" FTE resonator. Wish list is to figure out how to cram a shorty muffler inline as well.

When empty I cruise at the speed limit and at 70 mph in OD, there is drone, but the motor is only turning ~2K RPM and is more quiet than any other time.

When towing the closed trailer, I limit the speed to 55 mph and keep the tranny in direct which puts the RPM's just over 2K RPM. Again, the power-train is most quiet at this point.

Also, turns out that the P-400 is more quiet under load than the other blocks, so the combination of motor and gearing turned out much better than I expected in terms of sound.

I ran 3.42:1 for many years and loved them, as for your drone perhaps; a smaller diameter pipe w/90 turn and run along the side of the FTE installed before/after it maybe the only real option to fit & cancel out the drone.

Did you drop it or did it come that way?
Didn't drop it. It was poking out of the box some when it arrived so shipping damage or a major foul up. They used the expanding foam to secure it, so it's not like it wasn't packed well. My Marine Mechanic Buddy was all like: "Ouch! My Ears!!!" Smoking blue in the garage without running...

DSCN4634.JPG
DSCN4637.JPG

Looks like somebody tried to hit a 3 pointer into the distribution bin at the shipping center with your box. Glad you have photos, looks like a claim against the carrier for shipping damage.

Didn't drop it. It was poking out of the box some when it arrived so shipping damage or a major foul up. They used the expanding foam to secure it, so it's not like it wasn't packed well. My Marine Mechanic Buddy was all like: "Ouch! My Ears!!!" Smoking blue in the garage without running...

View attachment 51526
View attachment 51527
Bummer man. Hopefully it doesn’t take them too long to whip up another pump for you.

That brings back bad memories from an IP bought from a TTS member a while back. Sickening negligence. USPS failed big time, for the last time, for me. I go out of my way to avoid USPS.

So I have the newest pump mod: The Commemorative Arizona Grand Canyon Edition! Only one they have seen so far this bad let alone mod performed by an unauthorized pump shop aka UPS. :facepalm:

So they are sorting out a claim with UPS as as soon as they know what is going on will take it from there.

I can see the insurance adjuster choking up over "Moose" and wondering what damage was done to the UPS delivery vehicle. :D No, No, we were shipping a Moose...

The moose up here it's about a tie. Sometimes the moose dies and sometimes the vehicle does. Either way it's pretty messy. I had a guy in southern Utah tell me his horses were bigger than our moose. I asked him how much his horses weighed and he said 1200 LBS I laughed and told him the big bulls were over 2k.

Dag WW . . . Which Leprechaun did you peeve-off?

That reminds me now why the grease in my grease gun is green.

:confused: Just ONE?!

How do you think I pay for all this? o_O Leprechaun's pots of gold of course. They are quite attached to their pots of gold so you got to run them over with a 6.2 Diesel, scrape the green grease stain up, load them in the grease gun, and use them every 3000 miles on the front end. Save some money on buying grease it does. Gold is heavy so a 3/4 ton on up keeps your pickup from being overloaded. Especially if you run a 'short' bus of them going to a convention over...

Besides when your luck is THIS BAD further cursing me just doesn't work. Due to the weaker curse some of the Bad Luck goes the other way. "Me Brother you didn't curse WarWagon did Ye for there be a distant sound of a 6.2?"

Hit them just right and the Moog grease hose extension on the front skid plate for the idler arm becomes an Automatic Lube System.

Hit a 400 pound hog some time (actually, don't) and see how much damage they do. Four out of five times it'll flip the vehicle.

UPS has some of the worst gorillas in the business.

I am in the middle of a boat repower from diesel to twin outboards on a bracket. Bracket manufacturer is Armstrong located in Stuart FL. Because the transom on my boat is curved, they had me make a template of the curve using door skin plywood. I did exactly as advised, cut it in half, carefully packaged it and shipped it via UPS. It arrived completely broken up. The fall back Plan B: the boat is currently built to order by R&R Boatworks just a block away from Armstrong. In fact, all the boats being built by R&R use Armstrong brackets. R&R assured me the boat mold was the same. So I had them build the bracket to the current model. Well when I got the bracket and put it in position against the transom, the ends touched and there was a slight gap from the ends which grew wider reaching 1/4" at the center line of the transom. Armstrong advised not to grind the brack, but to build up the transom. Mind you the transom had just been plugged and finished in new gelcoat. This caused a big delay and a new phase to the project. Work travel, then foot surgery intervened and here I am still staring at an incomplete boat repower. Just now my foot is stable enough to allow me to disassemble the hardtop and supporting frame to clear the way for the next phase of fiberglass work. F'n UPS and this is not the first time I've had shit broken by them.

:rage: Conestoga Diesel was informed the next pump is going FedEx. They had a couple reasons they use UPS and were informed that those were NOT my problem - make FedEx happen. So they will go FedEx for me. :) Not going to give UPS the chance to F my Moose up a second time. :confused: Some vendors need to understand that shipping options being available even at extra cost are worth if it you know USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Truck Freight Co whoever screws things up for you. No one is perfect and sometimes the less perfect vendor changes from time to time. Hell I have even paid for some parts we were shipping like a hood that took flight out of the back of the truck at 65 MPH. Yes I went back to get it, no, the body shop didn't want it. Regardless there is a Leprechaun or two between us at UPS that can destroy an anvil at the moment.

New pump is in progress, Patch is still in the way being garaged for the longest time in it's life. Spoiled pickup. It's had engines ripped out and front end rebuilt in a driveway...

Back