• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Moose Call...

Burning oil

LeroyDiesel.com
Vendor
Oh I forgot you live in hell and it never gets below 100 :) but if engine was cold was thinking you might need to warm up a little, if its doing it hot it shoots that theory down.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Thread starter #123
No smoking gun under rocker cover.

head.jpg

Oh I forgot you live in hell and it never gets below 100 :) but if engine was cold was thinking you might need to warm up a little, if its doing it hot it shoots that theory down.
Toombs: [Talking about Crematoria] If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell

Husker6.5

135' diagonal 16:9HD, 25KW sound!

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Thread starter #134
Zero blowby. It's got to be valves. I didn't get 100% out of it as one cylinder still meets minimum compression. I will check the Head Gasket as it comes apart.

This is a stock 6.2 setup so no reason for low compression.

Will L.

Yeah, overspeed and the valve springs couldn’t hang is what it is sounding more and more like- especially that one ip that you got rid of.

Even side head may have lifted wiping the gasket everywhere, but the individual dropped cylinder on the odd side, and being same as it’s mirror cylinder...hmmm.

Ya might need to take a run and go meet up with Jasper in Tx for his 660 block if there isn’t any closer deals. @$750 with the muncie 4 speed, that sounds like a fair deal imo. Unless you still get the frequent customer discount at Boyce for an optimizer.