• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Has anybody tried glass lensed headlights for 94 to 99 GMT400's ?

OK finished my last work call and installed the new headlight housings. Remember how we had modify the aftermarket housings to get them to sit flush to the grill? Not an issue with these:

3F49EEF4-874A-4C4B-9E85-D8048E7336AD.jpeg

Old housings were just a bit yellowed and the polycarbonate was crazing:

571013C7-E0CC-484F-8F21-8EE890CA8D9D.jpeg21BF8995-AFA5-4571-A6B2-7CA20D3FBBC9.jpeg
24F13A98-9DB5-4BD1-921A-878EF4ED10C4.jpeg

These work well enough that I will probably buy another set and store them. That should cover me for the remaining life of this truck.

Did you say, are the lenses glass or Poly-carbonate? The add doesn't say unless i sped read over it!

These are polycarbonate lenses.

Never have found housings with glass lenses that would fit my needs. Then again, I never realized it was possible to swap lenses. Considered that, but it looked like it would be a PITA. Then found the how to videos. Still looks tougher than finding the right housings, which has also been incredibly difficult.

So I knocked out the Hi Beams when pulling the radiator. Turns out I broke a ground out of the ring terminal for the Hi beams. Temporarily fixed that and got the Hi on the passenger side working, but not the driver's side. Further testing showed power into the ballast, but not coming our on the driver's side. While doing this investigative work, the ballast for the Hi on the passenger side gave up the ghost, so new slim profile ballasts are on order $23.98 with free shipping.

Now I focus on putting in the new radiator.

Back