• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Has anybody tried glass lensed headlights for 94 to 99 GMT400's ?

Did you disconnect the DRL so that that voltage to the Hi Beams wouldn't energize the relay coil to engage? Also, for the yellowish Lo Beam, you try swapping capsules and see if it now is the other side off? If it follows, bad capsule. If swapped and the same side is still yellowish, it's a ballast issue.

Did you disconnect the DRL so that that voltage to the Hi Beams wouldn't energize the relay coil to engage? Also, for the yellowish Lo Beam, you try swapping capsules and see if it now is the other side off? If it follows, bad capsule. If swapped and the same side is still yellowish, it's a ballast issue.

Have not disconnected DRL. Have not swapped bulbs. At this point, I am afraid to touch anything as it has only made it worse….and I was following ALL the INSTRUCTIONS from here.

OK so I eliminated the suspect 3-way splices and used heat shrink crimp splices. Did one at a time so as to not mix anything up. Also change the crimped ground ring terminal from the relay on the driver’s side (passenger side ring terminal were changed previously). No Change in the color of the passenger side low and the lights went crazy on me. For a bit, the High beam setting would just have the Lows on and the Low setting would have all 4 on. Then the lows would not shut off when the light switch is off. I backed off the negative battery post bolts on the driver’s side and the All 4 on High at Low beam setting went off. Now I no longer have All 4 on High, just Lows or Highs. I should have left well enough alone. WTF is going on?

Sounds very similar to this guy’s problems:

Do I need new relays?
9P
As far as I know, relays are mandatory.

This is why I only plug and play anymore. Cutting and splicing makes it harder and more work to go back to stock.

Even cheaper than melting ldpe plastic onto the wire is candle wax, or masking tape like used for the paint can. Why don’t we do it? Because it doesn’t insulate from current passing through like the proper insulation does. If he had some gum he was chewing he wouldn’t have to waste the money of lighter fluid either!

Even cheaper than melting ldpe plastic onto the wire is candle wax, or masking tape like used for the paint can. Why don’t we do it? Because it doesn’t insulate from current passing through like the proper insulation does. If he had some gum he was chewing he wouldn’t have to waste the money of lighter fluid either!

I knew this cast would get a bite :)

I have a hard time with hackery, when folks new into stuff don’t realize how bad the error can be.
It reminds me of the guy that made the video drilling into the new iPhone 7 when they came out. Dozens of kids who were lucky enough to get a phone and just wanted to use the headphones they already had ruined their phones for one dude to get a laugh. Just annoying.

Back