• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Big No No by VW and AUDI

Is this a smear campaign to take them down a few notches?

Where in the 'rules' does it state automobiles cannot 'adapt' to situations? (I honestly do not know)

Even the Germans know our wonderful EPA is a fraud.

Where in the 'rules' does it state automobiles cannot 'adapt' to situations? (I honestly do not know)

The EPA leaves NO room for adaptation. They set out what it is allowed to put out, andthats IT. You notice this took all the attention off of the EPA over the mine spill, and now has people looking for INVISIBLE emissions.

Ruh Roh Rooby . . . Looks like VW did not restrict their emissions test-rigging to just the diesel:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...missions-scandal-spreads/ar-BBmOWLB?li=AA4Zjn

My vote is that given the hysteria about banning diesels, we make sure to ban *gasoline* engines as well. Time to go back to a true green solution of horse, oxen, and elephant for getting around. :)
Then the greenies would complain the animals were putting out to many emissions, and require cat converters on them as well as FPF's(flatulent particulate filters), and febreeze injection.

One only has to read about horse and buggy days... Straw dust, things smelled bad in front of you, pee and poo all over the place (watch your step), and front row seats to watching the hygienic indiscretion being carried out by the temperamental 1 to 5 hp powerplants. Brings life to the expression sounds like a horse on a flat rock.

Then the greenies would complain the animals were putting out to many emissions, and require cat converters on them as well as FPF's(flatulent particulate filters), and febreeze injection.

Looks like somebody is working on a prototype to keep the greenies happy.

DonkeyMuffler.jpg

Not so sure that the donkey is happy with the emissions restriction either though . . .

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency says the cars can emit 10 to 40 times the legal limits for harmful nitrogen oxide, which helps to produce unhealthy ozone."

Sounds to me VW was just trying to repair the holes in the Ozone layer.:D

Well, with that and a grand out of your pocket you could get a timing belt service...

I found a traveling mechanic for VW, he did my trans flush last week for $250, saved me $500. He told me he'll do the timing belt change for $700.. dealer wanted $1300. I'm still 40K away from that though..

That's what I think ! Hm, tell nobody, that I work for this company here in germany. What should I say ?
The "little workers" will pay for the mistakes, the CEO's do - like everywhere. Big discussion here in germany also, but at the moment no effect to recognize in the market.

We will see and for my part, I just go to work wait till the discussion will end. When ? If they found another manufactor doing or done the same or another bigger "world problem" which the will let forget this one.

So what, what about the OIL Spill in the gulf in 2010 ? Nobody ist takling about it anymore, what about the enviroment ? What Do you think was mor polluting ? Millions of crude oil in the ocean or a few diesel fumes ?
What about the ignition locks from GM ? A lot people died and the management knew it, but . . .
so how many people died due to the diesel fumes of some VW's ? Looks like each Duramax, Cummings oder Furd is putting mor fumes out of the exhaust than a small VW.
What about the Takata Airbags ?
and so on . . .

IF that would be the real problems in the world, . . .

Cu,
Sven

The timing of this was a convenient way to take the focus off of EPA right after they spilled huge quantities of toxic mining waste in Colorado. They already knew about it but had to use it to cover up something inconvenient for the US government. They got the opportunity in Colorado.

Back