• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Big No No by VW and AUDI

Big fine, optional MPG reducing recall most informed owners will refuse, and issue will be under the rug...

I remember being on the tool truck, talking to VW techs that were telling me how advanced the computer control program was to get them to burn so clean.

I wonder how the vehicle would drive running in that mode. Farfromcruisin'?

I hate the US epa. They are looking for a bunch of $ with this. I just BET you the car meets the code anyhow.

Funkenbroken!

Your probably right Mike. I have seen many TDI'S, and they all run very clean. Can't even tell they are diesel unless you look at the badging.
I think they found deliberate programming that circumvents the inspection process. No accident there. Willful.

I bet it would run the same, just without doing regens, nor operating the egr. Maybe better mileage.
We just had a software update done on ours. Main change was going to shorter regens instead of longer ones. Used to shut it off in the middle of a regen, haven't noticed that happen since then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm not having the recall done on mine... it's bound to hurt the fuel mileage. Just wait.. and what if the software change drops the car below the advertised EPA fuel rating? What does VW do?

So far the mileage is the same on ours, maybe slightly better.

Yes. This was one that came out in like june. I can find the number if you're interested in which one it was.
I don't think ours was a affected model.

IIRC they re-test them and issue all owners a sticker that's supposed to amend the original documentation...

VW is really in a pickle. I just read their tune to be compliant with gov't emission standards would make the TDI undrivable. I guess the compliant tune really affects drivability. It is going to be very intetesting to see the outcome.

Maybe they'll buy mine back so I can buy a new 2016 Cruze diesel..

With the amount of megabucks this is gonna drain out of VW, I think you'd better get that ball rolling while they still are solvent Jeff. Their stock is tanking big time

Friend that works at the dealership says they've already came up with a new nickname for VW – vulnerable wages.

I love my car. The ride, build quality, the engine.. everything about it is great. But the maintenance costs are terrible. Every 40K you have to spend $700 drives me crazy.

I'm due in 2000 miles for that 80K service that requires the trans flush..

Back