• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

A Big No No by VW and AUDI

I've got my date set for March 4th, for the buy back.

I'm making out pretty well.. the car has 105,000 miles on it currently. I will be due a timing belt service, trans fluid change, and fuel filter change @120K. So I'm making out just in time I guess.

You know this whole fiasco about the VW's and the other Diesel vehicles really does suck. It puts a person between a rock and a hard place on trying to decide which option do I take.

You're right. The car is worth around $7000 right now.. I'm getting about 17K for it.. Financially it's a easy choice..

I've got my date set for March 4th, for the buy back. . . .
. . . The car is worth around $7000 right now.. I'm getting about 17K for it.. Financially it's a easy choice..

Ah, so that is more than enough to buy a 6.5, drop in a P-400, upgrade the brakes, and have some money leftover for fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror :D

I turned mine in on Saturday. I really was in a pissed off mood all day asking myself, "why did I do that?". My mind is at ease a little better now.. still miss it, it was a great car.

I just got paid today via Bank wire. I'm still owed about $1,000 from the loan overpayment. It will take about a month to get that.

I'm now shopping for a replacement. I will likely get a used 2016+ Cruze gasser.. looking to pay cash and have no car note.

The new Cruze is going to cost me around $25K for the package I would want. We all know how the bottom falls out on these cars when you pull off the lot, looking to not worry about loosing a lot.

I honestly would have kept my VW until the wheels feel off, but the money was to good to pass up with the scandal.

WV's loss your gain. Brought to you by the EPA's overreach. Don't even get me started on how much the early DPF's cost me in wasted fuel. At least one company had the balls to try and recover MPG in the EPA mandated mess. Seriously the EPA couldn't test their own Fing rules! WV should have taken it to court and drug it out to the next administration, however, more to this than the public gets to know.

I test drove one. Didn't like it.
I'm sure tuned would be more peppy though.
I want to try out a ecodiesel with the 4 corner air ride. Maybe the titan Cummins also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back