• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 k2500 followed me home

8 is max for a stock db2. Any built up db2 has higher inlet pressure requirements. Into the mid 20’s and into 30’s becomes common. You have to talk with the builder for your application.

Tempting at that price but I gotta pass for two reasons 1) Pandemic, no job/money currently. 2) For my needs and targeted rpms, I need a turbo that spools up and is on boost, with negligible back pressure, by 1500-1600 rpm.

I'm leaning VGT, either off of a Duramax (preferable) or a Cummins so that I can have the best of all worlds; low end boost for off the line grunt, midrange low back pressure with 5-6 lbs boost for economy cruising and high end exhaust flow (if needed) without excessive back pressure when the situation calls for getting on it.

Neither of the dogs listen to me. They are Momma's babies. Its cool cause they mastiff is never more than a couple of feet from my wife. Hes a big boy and can handle the wife when she dosent feel great. My wife has epilepsy and he knows when shes off, and will sit in front of her , or stand in front of her to keep her from moving . He is not trained but I think dogs know when stuff. Hes an american mastiff and weighs about 160 lbs, smaller mastiff. My moneys on the dog. The other on is a prince and all round butthole.

The wifey hauled home a female dog, its a Golden retriever with some German Shepherd in there. The iwfey goes to work so the dog and I hang out at the house most all the day. She lays beside the couch where I set and acts like She is sad because the wifey aint here, the wifey takes Her for the morning run and evening walks and other than that pays no attention to the dog because she sets and screws around in fake book all afternoon and evening and into the night, but, when the wifey goes outside for a smoke that dog is right there with Her. I think the dog has abandonment issues. LOL Only reason the dog tolerates Me is I am mister treats. LOLOLOL9A1E179A-64FB-40FF-95E5-EC69B8321961.jpeg6F3B1811-D39B-4B4E-989C-AA2EB734CF05.jpeg

Last edited:
The wifey hauled home a female dog, its a Golden retriever with some German Shepherd in there. The iwfey goes to work so the dog and I hang out at the house most all the day. She lays beside the couch where I set and acts like She is sad because the wifey aint here, the wifey takes Her for the morning run and evening walks and other than that pays no attention to the dog because she sets and screws around in fake book all afternoon and evening and into the night, but, when the wifey goes outside for a smoke that dog is right there with Her. I think the dog has abandonment issues. LOL Only reason the dog tolerates Me is I am mister treats. LOLOLOLView attachment 61517View attachment 61518

Just let that dog watch some doggy shows on Direct TV, I know you have it........... :smuggrin:

Or CBS on Saturday mornings there's that show with the guy in L.A. who does dog rescues from shelters and trains them for new adoptive homes. He even taught one how to surf! Your dog would love that show, @MrMarty51 , he might even learn something new!

My turbo is a hx40ii, from pt wiring . I bought his kit. I don't know what size housing it is but it's tiny compared to the ATT. I ordered the tci transmission controller yesterday and should have it Thursday. Hopefully the truck will be rolling under its own power this weekend.

My turbo is a hx40ii, from pt wiring . I bought his kit. I don't know what size housing it is but it's tiny compared to the ATT. I ordered the tci transmission controller yesterday and should have it Thursday. Hopefully the truck will be rolling under its own power this weekend.
Generally the Hx40ii turbine is a Hx35 @ around 12 cm2 while the GM turbos are 9cm2, you can look into the inside of one of the volute (where turbine bolts to manifold) and see the cast turbine size. The larger the turbine the more fuel is needed to light it up "spool" down low. I ran a full sized Hx40w w/18 cm2 and it lit up @ 1.2k rpms. When looking at boost pressure on a gauge that is not actual because you have to add generally 14.7 psi @sea level this number changes "reduces with altitude." So if your gauge is showing 20 psi @ sea level your actual boost is 30.7+- psi.

Generally the Hx40ii turbine is a Hx35 @ around 12 cm2 while the GM turbos are 9cm2, you can look into the inside of one of the volute (where turbine bolts to manifold) and see the cast turbine size. The larger the turbine the more fuel is needed to light it up "spool" down low. I ran a full sized Hx40w w/18 cm2 and it lit up @ 1.2k rpms. When looking at boost pressure on a gauge that is not actual because you have to add generally 14.7 psi @sea level this number changes "reduces with altitude." So if your gauge is showing 20 psi @ sea level your actual boost is 30.7+- psi.
Sorry I made a math error; a 20 psi gauge reading will be 34.7 psi actual...

And here I thought the gauge would be close to accurate at whatever altitude the reading is from, I always figured they`d self compensate from the resources available to them, IE, baro pressure, altitude or whatever other resources is available to them.

Back