• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

95 k2500 followed me home

Well first of all Happy Thanksgiving to all. What ever your plans are enjoy yourselves . The truck is down again , got a leak on the previously replaced o ring on the advance piston nut. But while pulling the intake to get pump out I thought i would run it with the intake off. I have a mist of fuel grey smoke pulsing out of the driver side egr opening. So I think i now have a problem with the head, cam, lifter , rocker, pushrod etc. will check compression and pull valve cover to check stuff. Any of the Guru's have any words of wisdom. Thanks again and be safe.( whatever that means to you). HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I just went through this thread and realized ive had nothing but issues with this truck. I am usually able to get stuff going pretty good. Just a rednek fixer. But holy crap . one last time , and if dont work I'll sell it. Again. Never. Its my other Lady. The wife hates it. but what ever. I've got a couple of sets of heads. I will say that it dissipates ( the smoke out of port) as the truck warms up. At a Loss again.

Tinker-itis is a communicable disease. Lil grey smoke- um... so? Just drive it. Lil squeak here and there- its a truck.
It’s easy (knowing that you have the ability to fix all its issues) to worry about fixing everything too much.

When your to the point of considering selling it- just drive the heck out of it. Dont try to make everything 100% because it will just be more aggravation, time, and $ spent that forces the sell. there comes time of put up or shut up for a rig to perform. Unless you are going to scatter the engine on the road- dont fix all the details. Just roll some miles and call it what it is- an old truck.

I kid about selling it. I ve got to much money in it. my concern is about the poofing of fuel smoke, whatever it is coming out of the crossover port in the head. Its not supposed to be doing that, right? I just sold my powerstroke and a old squarebody suburban. Still got my old 89 dodge shortbed and bought a 96 suburban k2500 with a 7.4 . Im always tinkering, i just love it, still. Wish my back and eyes where still young.

Back