• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

@MrMarty51 I put front receivers on many of my trucks- amazingly useful. I have wanted one on my hummermany times but the thing would look so wierd on their I haven’t done it yet.

Look into buying a premade one- back in the day Uhaul.com sold them so cheap it was better than building one. I think I paid $60 for my last one. Ask which locations have them in stock then call and negotiate with the store manager. Often the store orders the front instead of rear by mistake and will dump them cheap ..

And you can count on Hink doing a write up! I think he likes writing things up more than using the truck! Haha. I know he has a real job not just his writing skills, but he could do a regular magazine. Have you seen his website?

@Hink does have a good website. His website is great for 6.5 owners

Thanks guys! I appreciate that.

And @Will L., I'm trying to make writing my real job!
Maybe some day.

I'm doing a full write up with as many details on the peripherals that I can (marine injectors, ARP main studs, thermal coated pistons from @Twisted Steel Performance, etc.) on my site 65TurboGarage.com and I want to get some of that info here too. I appreciate all the info and help that I've gotten here over the years so I try to bring some value back.
I`ll be watching that one.
Got the bumper removed from the truck and the hitch built and welded in. After hitting the clinic lab tomorrow I`ll get it bolted back onto the truck. Leary of taking it to the hospital parking lot without a bumper to protect the valuables it hides. LOL Not for fear of theft, just some dimmaflidgit might decide to drive into it. LOL

Hitch hangs out farther than what I like, if it becomes an eyesore or a problem I`ll whittle it down a skoosh. LOL

bump.jpg

If it's a good write up I'd rather see it here in a sticky. I don't want/need yet another site to go to.

Yeah, I can understand that.
There are other issues such as copyright, etc. that isn't really interesting to anyone but I do want to show some of what I'm doing here too.
And besides, who said it's going to be a good writeup? For most of you guys it'll probably just be "meh, whatever". : )>

got all the parts together for a Leroy/WT/LED headlight conversion. one of the tension springs was too rusted so will head back to the FLAPS to see if there's a replacement.
i have a 4 day weekend so i WILL get it done.

I`m dunging out the garage to get the K3500 in so I can change oil and fuel filter.
Getting some things put back where they belong and finding cubby holes for other stuff. I hauled out two 30 gallon barrels full of stuff, to the trash so fart.

Not the GMT 400, but changed the oil on my wife’s Gen 5 Toyota 4Runner. That itself is no big deal, but I did it at our Montana home in 38 F temps. Still not that big of a deal, but I did it 4 weeks post surgery on my right foot and I just started putting weight on it in the last day or so. That was Osteotomies (precision bone cuts) of the Calcaneous (heel) and 1 Metatarsal (Big Toe bone) to correct an ankle which had become permanently inverted (rolled to the outside) the result of walking around for 18 years on a completely torn peroneas brevis tendon and 3 partial ligament tears. 4Runner has the heavy TRD aluminum skid plate which requires both hands and a leg to hold it up while threading in the bolts. Got it done in about 30 minutes.

@Big T I learned with heavy skid plates to make an adapter to the floor jack.

I’ve got this down using my legs to hold it up. I don’t even use a jack on this vehicle.

While we’re discussing this 4Runner, it has a “dunk” noise at the end of braking stops. I tested ball joints and tie rods and they’re all tight. No slop in steering. No noise going over bumps. I’m wonder if it’s bushings or connections for the sway bar? Truck just hit 160K miles. This sound has been going on for the past 60k to 80k Miles. It’s not super loud.

Finally home for a while so I plugged both trucks in and they started right up. That was a relief as it's been six plus weeks since I've been home. I finally drained the Suburban's radiator and block which only contained water after the WP replacement as a temporary means to check for leaks. That was too long ago but, I've been out of town most of the time since mid-September. Even when home I've either been out to the Salt Flats or Drag Races. Anyway, it was about the same temp. here as Big-T had in Montana so, no big deal to warm it up by driving to the car wash and then when I reached home to locate the petcock valve, drain, refill with correct mix of coolant. Thought about Evans Waterless stuff but, I don't drive it enough so OEM Dex is fine. Since the original owner has the rear heater lines plugged, didn't need the full recommended amount.
Next week I'll put in the new windshield sprayers and hoses so those work as they should.

I’ve got this down using my legs to hold it up. I don’t even use a jack on this vehicle.

While we’re discussing this 4Runner, it has a “dunk” noise at the end of braking stops. I tested ball joints and tie rods and they’re all tight. No slop in steering. No noise going over bumps. I’m wonder if it’s bushings or connections for the sway bar? Truck just hit 160K miles. This sound has been going on for the past 60k to 80k Miles. It’s not super loud.
I wonder if it could be the pins and bushings in the calipers, if its from the front, if from the back, it could be the brake shoes is getting wore down.

Back