• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What oil do you run?

mobil delcac 1 esp in the truck and mobil in the vette......i guess i believe in mobil.....lol

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP and a AC Delco filter. Ran Delvac 1300 in my '05, but wanted to try the synthetic this time around for the first oil change on my '06.

I put Amsoil in mine a couple months back. I did an analysis with 9700 miles on it. They told me to run it 3000 more and check it again. I have almost 51k total miles on my truck. I may go ahead and change it at 15k just to be safe.

I will now be running cen-pe-co for pulling next year. Changed every 2 hooks.

I've been using Shell Rotella-T 5W-40 Synthetic for the last 34K miles with excellent UOA results. But last week I went to Wally-World and they didn't have any Shell oil, so I bought their last 3 gallons of Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 Synthetic. I've been wanting to try Mobil, so this pushed me over the hump. Hopefully if my schedule and the weather cooperate, I'll be doing an oil change in a week or so.

I will be changing oil in a couple weeks from ?? what ever is in it from the Dealer I bought the truck from, to Amsoil with duel bypass setup. If I read the Amsoil fage correctly, I should be able to run the oil up to 25,000 miles changing the full flow filter every 5,000 miles and the bypass every 10,000 miles. I of course will send samples in for analysis. Maybe I can run the oil even longer??

Mike

I like my amsoil. Still up in the air about running wither amsoil or cenpeco because you cant switch between due to the fact that cenpeco is not synthetic

How do you like the Amsoil Nick?

So far, so good. I'm a little leary about 25k intervals though. For some reason it seems too much, for me anyways. Realistically, 10k is where I'm gonna change it but I'm definitely gonna do an oil analysis before that just to make sure.

I ran Valvoline Premium Blue forever to include my 04 LLY and the truck seemed to like that

Back