• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What oil do you run?

Does anyone use Amsoil? Thinkin about trying it. kinda hard to swallow when i don't pay a dime for the rotella that i use now.:heh:

Amsoil here, haven't done an analysis yet so Ive been sticking with 5k spinon(add a qt or 2) & full change at 10k

im running rotella full syth but am switching over to amsoil next oil change.for anyones info rotella synthetic oil isnt real synthetic it is just better processed dino oil with the synthetic name. well thats my two cent :)

I'm becoming a believer in Amsoil..First run of it I went about 6,000 miles, I'm due for a change soon and if I can avoid the temptation to crawl under and dump it I'll try going to 10,000??? :biggrin1:

i use rotella syn. i use mobil 1 syn in my bikes which run cooler and they seem to rev freer than with fossil oil. i change the oil extended intervals and it looks cleaner than with the fossil oil. my main concern is with condensation and contamination with water. the standard filter appears to be ok.

I'm becoming a believer in Amsoil..First run of it I went about 6,000 miles, I'm due for a change soon and if I can avoid the temptation to crawl under and dump it I'll try going to 10,000??? :biggrin1:
Send a sample in for analysis & they will recommend how many miles can be done between changes.

Send a sample in for analysis & they will recommend how many miles can be done between changes.

I need handcuffs to be sold with any synthetic oil,I start getting shaky at 3k,jumpy at 5k and by the time the odo reads 6k since last change i can't get under there fast enough! It's a sickness.:lol:

ya I guess I just get antsy.

Plus Ive been a little uptight since I let the sheap oil that was in it while I bought it go 7,000 miles all summer through all of the truck pulls, hauling chopper boxes and blowing smoke.

The oil was full of soot and smelt like diesel smoke. you could feel the soot in it.

ya I guess I just get antsy.

Plus Ive been a little uptight since I let the sheap oil that was in it while I bought it go 7,000 miles all summer through all of the truck pulls, hauling chopper boxes and blowing smoke.

The oil was full of soot and smelt like diesel smoke. you could feel the soot in it.

I see your point.

Shell Rotella 15w40 conventional in both trucks... I only use synthetic in my bike...5w30 Redline in the zx-14 and Redline 10w40 in the G35

I use amsoil. first time I went 10K changed the filter at 5 K and topped it of. this time i'm up to 15K with flter changes at every 5K. when I do the next change i'm goint to try to put amsoil in everything, trans T case and rears. just changing the engine to amsoil I picked up 1 to 1.5 mpg. anyone have thoughts on changing the T case over to 5-30 or 5 - 40 engine oil instead of using the atf ?

I started out using Delo, which has been mostly what i've run for the last 93K miles, at around 75K I switched to Mobile 1 Syn and the dipstick started backing out blowing a little oil under the hood, not much, but it was enough to make a mess, changed early and put the syn oil in again, still blew the dipstick. Went back to Delo and all was well. This last oil change I tried Rotella, and so far so good. Seems a lot of ya'll are running Rotella, I think I may stay with it a while as well.

Back