• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What oil do you run?

Im due for a oil change. Im going to give the Rotella Syn a shot this time. I'll continue to use it. I've got about 15,000 on this fuel filter also. Time for it to go!

Brad Penn

I would be suprised if anyone has heard of it, but I use Brad Penn oil. They are out of Pennsylvania. I can get a 5 gal. bucket for $41 delivered. I have had great luck with their 2-stroke oil in my sled and also their 15/40 in my truck.

That reminds me, it's about change time. I'm trying to hold out and do my trans spin on, fuel filter, and oil change when my nicktane gets here. Install it the same day that is, and finally get a good baseline reading for my kennedy restriction/psi gauge. I realy wana see if the nicktane will drop my pressure any.

Im changing my oil monday. I believe im going with Rotella Syn 15-40 this time.

Does anyone use Amsoil? Thinkin about trying it. kinda hard to swallow when i don't pay a dime for the rotella that i use now.:heh:

Rotella on the LB7 for the last 92k Also Rotella for the LLY but I have only changed it once since I have owned it. I was thinking about changing the LLY over to ROYAL PURPLE because I run it harder then the LB7 but when I went to buy it was like 7 or 8 bucks a qrt. I like to change my oil & filter every 5k or so. 8 bucks a qrt every 5k would ad quick so I stuck with the Rottela.

Back