• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you all think?

At this point, I'm on the fence. Being newer to DP and the 6.5, I have found the Knowledge assume, the people are great.

One of the things that had turned me off of other sites when I joined the DP was the excessive advertising. But I have learned a lot about the 6.5 and its quirks, and have tried to spread that knowledge around in helping others.

I guess that time will tell and some exploration may be in order.

Not being a part of the staff, the internal issues have been slowly exposing them selves to the general membership of the forum. I noticed a drop off in posts, but didn't realize any issue until a post in off topic was posted about the sale.

It sound like there is a clasic case of money before customers. This is a common corporate affiction. Trying to expoit a market without understanding the business of the market. (dam the customer, I'll give them what I think they need)

The Jury is still out. I have great respect for the Moderator's and long time members of the DP. It may come to a choice of what the 6.5 community does.

Thanks knk, I found this. I smell something was not right at DP when most of the moderator was not there answering questions as usual. I read on the other section that they are sold. I hope we can transfer some of those stickys here.

This will be my "go to" site as it seems all the heavy hitters are here. Will keep tabs on the others as long as there is a 6.5 section.

Since the new owners have taken over the dieselplace... I'd like to just hear from a few folks as to whatchya think...

Will this change what you do and where you go on the internet? See the following answers.

If members move around to other sites, what will you do? Stay at the place or move on to another location? I'm still active on DP.

If the "ole timers" of the place and the 6.5 forum aren't around anymore at the place,
a. will you be stayin' Likely not.
b. stop posting Yes.
c. find another site Here I am.
d. follow everyone where they go to. I will follow the techs. I hold the knowledge accumulated at DP with high regard, when the sources of that knowledge move on, so will I.

Just want to get an idea for your thoughts from the membership point of view.

Thanks for the input. You're Welcome, I don't know if you were after input from everyone or just the 6.5 owners, but there you have it.

:yesnod:

Well, i own 3 other diesel related dot coms myself and would be happy to put up a forum based website for all the 6.2/6.5 members if there is interest in me doing so, i would also let current mods do the moderating. The sites are 65TD, 65turbodiesel & dieselfever. None are up at the moment. If there is interest i will set up the prefered site.

BTW, i have a GM5 Turbo listed on Ebay, auction ends today!

Think of it this way, we can use dieselplace as a learning experience, and make this site as close to perfect as possible! I don't care too much where we go, as long as we are following knkreb, jifaire, gmctd, turbine doc, etc, i'm happy.

I would like this to get closer to DP as far as features go, and the layout. I really like the my replies and the my threads function.

There are pros/cons w/ the 6.2/6.5 combo, but i think its best to have them separate.

Also, if this site takes off, i like the separate tranny sections, and w/ the cummins/powerstroke guys here, we can share the tranny pages :partay: Dodge/GM NV4500, GM/Ford ZF6

knkreb. take back you awesome stickies! or make them pay thousands or tens of thousands for them, cause that is what they are worth to us (or how much they save us :coolgleamA:) good luck saving the treasures!

Also, keep the specific dodge and ford areas, better than the one big section on DP.

I will stay on the DP ship for now, but i must stay w/ the 6.5 community where ever we shall go. I hope we all find one site.

whew. thats enough of my soapbox speech:p

Since the new owners have taken over the dieselplace... I'd like to just hear from a few folks as to whatchya think...

Will this change what you do and where you go on the internet?

If members move around to other sites, what will you do? Stay at the place or move on to another location?

If the "ole timers" of the place and the 6.5 forum aren't around anymore at the place,
a. will you be stayin'
b. stop posting
c. find another site
d. follow everyone where they go to.

Just want to get an idea for your thoughts from the membership point of view.

Thanks for the input.

There are a lot of truck and car forums. However, it is the people who make the forum what it is. After years of hanging around with you guys, it is clear that one reason why I bought the Tahoe was because of you guys and your tremendously valuable help. It's almost to the level of the Apple Mac (for those who have them). I'll be trying to follow you guys wherever you go. See, I'm following the party... :partay:

Sincerely,

Rob :)

I'll follow the party, also. I've learned much of what I know about the 6.5 from reading DP, but it's the people, not the site. It will be a shame if there's no way to harvest all the accumulated knowledge from the years of posts over there, though.

Hello 6.5 Mafia,

I have been a ghost member on The Diesel Page for several months and have learned volumes and recently applied most of what I have learned. On behalf of all of ghosters’ who typically don’t post but are good students of your experience and knowledge Thanks. Please be sure to put out another “Free Bus Ticket” to bring us all together again if and when there is change in forums. Truly, the best part of TDP is it’s quality people and experience.

Just another Grunt
:sifone:

Much faster today. Last night was like watching paint dry. Still think they should split the 6.5/6.2s. Somethings in common but probably better for both to segregate. Think this place will take off fast.
X2 on the my replies/threads link too.

Hello 6.5 Mafia,

I have been a ghost member on The Diesel Page for several months and have learned volumes and recently applied most of what I have learned. On behalf of all of ghosters’ who typically don’t post but are good students of your experience and knowledge Thanks. Please be sure to put out another “Free Bus Ticket” to bring us all together again if and when there is change in forums. Truly, the best part of TDP is it’s quality people and experience.

Just another Grunt
:sifone:
Welcome Sabrehutch. I was a ghost for a year before posting, don't be a stranger and check in more often. Leo

Like I said before, I'm not gonna skuttle the ship. I do have back up copies of my FAQ's and d/checklist. The other stuff is still pending. I'm just keeping up with issues as they brew.

I'm not a good yes-man in management and leadership. So, I don't know if my days are numbered or not. We'll see. I do know that you all are site. Not the name, the dot com on the internet, it's all about you guys. I just took most of your information and compiled it together so newbies can find stuff. But you guys are the stars of the show. If this show needs to get on the road, then so be it.

I however am not going to play the part of the pied piper and claim to syphon everyone off of DP. I'm not looking forward to rebuild of site information.....I simply don't have the time anymore. That's one of the reasons why you don't see as much of me on as you did before. My little part of the DP was to leave everyone a legacy of "here's how you do it." I was not smart enough to fix my own bus when I got here, but through the information and wealth of knowledge that was posted on here, I learned. I just put it together so we wouldn't have so many "lift pump test" threads.

I will help to do my part because you guys have helped me so much in the last four years. Now without a 6.5 and having to learn about the 7.3 and having less and less time left over, I find myself not as active as I once was.

I'm not thrilled over the fact that my information that I built is now "owned" by someone else. As the "agreed to" in site rules, it's their "property." Doesn't mean that we can't rebuild the data/knowledge base all over, but I can't do that on my own... I'm out of time.

But however this shakes out, stay or go, it's gonna take some folk to help keep the ship a rollin'. I have to spend time with those who fill the car seats in the bus. Years are rolling past quickly, so I can't spend all my free time on here. I'm finding I have to be more aware of how I spend my time. The last few years I've really come to realize how finate work can be. Buildings that I worked to repair equipment in, are now bull dozed over. Things that I built/repaired to last for years, are now riped out. Life is just a mere vapor. All the work that I've put in, now belongs to "others." So, let this be a lesson in life yet again. But that doesn't mean that I want to leave you guys hangin' either.

So, we shall see.

Make your copies guys. Cut and paste info. That stuff is "copyrighted", so I don't endorse anything illegal about copy and paste to here. Just be ready to have info at hand in case of defaulting to plan B.

Search all the thread topics that begin with "reference material" too. That's the stuff I wrote at least.

Gotta go guys, early breakfast meeting for me in the morning... and some of my students are graduating tommorrow night, so I may not be on for a while. Keep me posted.

Night all!

We appreciate all you've done here Kev but your family must come first as it should. Leo

This is where I'll eventually park my truck/trucks kind of in limbo right now to do much of anything at any site as I'm in Borneo until 19th with mega slow connection, after then who knows, I haven't bailed at Place, just hard to contribute much from here.

As traffic grows, so will the speed etc., site is in in Genesis stage, if traffic warrants it we'll split out forums to 6.2/6.5, possibly we'll do a sub forum just for Vintage GM of every flavor to ****e it up all open for discussion right now, I've not had chance to discuss 1 on 1 with owners for "vision/layout" for Vintage GM.

One thing we always desired there and still desire here, is member participation in how we create the feel, if you have a technical article you want published, have a go at it, our current FAQ is barren so be one of the first to have some site input.

Last edited:
Well I have taken the plung and joined with the croud here. I will stay with TDP until it looks like it is getting un-inhabitable. I will monitor here also and when it is time to pack up and carry boxes will someone PM me and I'll help as much as possible.

Wild Willy

I hate to see anything happen to DP. But, if that happens I will follow the best 6.5 group on the net. A great group of people always willing to lenda hand to someone in need. If thismove takes place the DP will loose one terrifc group of people.

Dan

I'm a member of several truck/car sites thus far. Full Size Chevy, 9C1, the 'page, the 'place, gm-diesel, sixfivediesel..etc but usually frequent the TDP every day. Thus far i've not seen any changes that would run me off from TDP, but if the 6.5 section goes so will I. I'll be here as well to see what's up, who's on...etc.
Don

Back