• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you all think?

This site is just one of many...

fullsizechevy.com
thedieselgarage.com
oilburners.net
chevytalk.org
dieselplace.com

and a few others.....take information from all of them and try to give back as well...

This site is just one of many...

fullsizechevy.com
thedieselgarage.com
oilburners.net
chevytalk.org
dieselplace.com

and a few others.....take information from all of them and try to give back as well...

How do you have time for so many sites? If Im not carefull, I can spend 8 hours on DP alone! :yikes:

Most of those sites have about 1 new post per day related to the 6.5....works out to reading about 10 posts per day...

I will seek out what first brought me to the Page back in '99 - the tech.

I will also seek out what kept me so engaged at the Place since '04 - the people.

I fear that both the tech and the people are going to get scattered like some lost tribe...

I am here due to an invite from someone I know and respect; I will stay if the the tech and banter follows...

I also will not be on multiple sites having the same conversation. I never did get that, every once in a while I have deja vu, and then I realize I have just read an exact copy/paste thread on one site that I read on another a few hours earlier....what's the point of that?

On edit: Oh, and I want a graphically pleasing site - no signature pictures, ridiculous sidebars, animated avitars, foul language, etc....

Last edited:
i'll be staying at DP until it burns to the ground. i'll be posting here as well. glad to have the 6.5ers here. are any of you going to leave DP or just post here as well?

Im gonna follow the crowd. I will visit here, just as i visit sixfiveturbodiesel.com, but i mostly post on DP and i will do that, but once the crowd leaves, so will I. If the come here, ill be here, if they go elsewhere, thats where i'll go. But like i said i will check this out probably every day as well. Also, i knew nothing of the buyout until i was PM'd about it earlier. Has my head been in the clouds again or what?

I'll be on DP as well till it burns but if this is the next stop I'll be hangin here. So I guess Dieselhaulin didn't make it ? One thing I gotta say this site is very slow.Also I had mentioned this on one of the other possible DP replacements but if this site ends up being the new home I think they should separate 6.2 and 6.5s. JMO. Anyway Thanks guys for the invite. I'm working on the sig but very slow tonight.

I'll be here now and then but believe I'll frequent the DP until I get fed up or it burns out. I certainly hope they get this site to speed up!

I am here since it seems to be the place that all the 6.5 DP people are heading to. I think i am going to stay on untill it really gets bad if it does.

Since the new owners have taken over the dieselplace... I'd like to just hear from a few folks as to whatchya think...

Will this change what you do and where you go on the internet?

If members move around to other sites, what will you do? Stay at the place or move on to another location?

If the "ole timers" of the place and the 6.5 forum aren't around anymore at the place,
a. will you be stayin'
b. stop posting
c. find another site
d. follow everyone where they go to.

Just want to get an idea for your thoughts from the membership point of view.

Thanks for the input.

Will follow, but will still keep an eye on DP to see if I can still be from any help.
What's going on?

hey matuva. i've heard that the 6.5 and 6.2 engine forums are going to be removed from DP. at least that what it seems like with the thread by knkreb over in DP 6.5.

I started this thread as a way to feel out what you guys are thinking about the buyout. If you will go elsewhere, come here, go no where, or what?

Since the dp was bought out I want to insure that our community is protected. I work for free on the net. This means I get no paycheck out of this deal what so ever. Neither do the rest of the moderators of the DP. We are not in this for the money. We get the satisfaction of helping out great folks like you. You are not a commoditity to be traded or bought. You are not an asset in someone's account. What you offer out of the goodness of your heart to help folks all over the globe is why most of you are here. I didn't just put in the last four years here to build something to have it "sold." The new owners may have bought words on a screen, a name on the net, but I wasn't sold in the deal. Nor will their be any transaction for my time or services there at the DP. I want to protect the community and keep it together. This thread was not a way to syphon off everyone to a new site. This was an open place that you could feel you could talk about what you think the future will be.

A site's biggest asset is it's people.... last I checked that's you guys. I want to make sure that you, the community can feel at home in a safe place on the net. I'm not saying that the place is no longer a safe place either. I'm not going to self destruct and have the 6.5 section blow apart after new site ownership. But I'm not a secret keeper, and consider you all the family. I'm not here to tear apart any of the past leadership of the place either. They had done okay, and that's why we have made it this far.

So, feel free to discuss openly your thoughts on the matter. What keeps you at dp, and what will drive your decision as to where to call home. Don't read that as leave dp either.... I'm just wanting you to formulate your thoughts on the matter, as I and others would like to know.

This is a people business. Can you mix business and people, yes, but people are people first. If not, no business happens.

Last edited:
Nicely done Kev!! As has been said before, we need to go one place with the people and the tech knowledge.

I'll check in on the Place, but I feel it getting empty over there already!

Last edited:
Back