• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What do you all think?

After what just happened with DP and the 6.5 Mafia is still hanging tough! I say its time for a GTG!

I am staying with the dieselplace until it doesn’t let me on, I use it mainly for an archive where I can search the issues that I am having and find previous topics where it is covered. As for the community, there is none better than the dieselplace, the knowledge and the experience is outstanding!! A more effective community insurance binder for the dp community would be to have a email list so that if sh*t hits the fan then our community isn’t lost instead of jumping to other sites prematurely IMO. I am a member at other sites such as gm-diesel.com, thedieselgarage.com, and oilburners.net, but none even come close to the dp, and I don’t post at these other sites, just a onlooker. I know this site is new but I like oilburners.net as a second choice for a switch instead if dp ever is no longer operational. Well you can find me on the dieselplace.

I think Little Debbie's Chocolate Buttercream Frosting cakes ROCK! Taste just like Mom/Grandma just baked a cake.:eek:ut:

Always looking for MoreData!!!!
DP got me going - Hoping DTR keeps me up to speed.

I'll keep refering to DP for now, but hoping to make this my new diesel info home.

Oh yeah - Thanks for putting this site on the web... A lot of us really need the help - Well, at least one of us :smile5:

I know this site wasn't created this or last week so Kudos again to the "Powers that be" for having a "safe House", making this site functional and for having the wearwithall to do so, for the sake of the 6.5 family/Community.

Who's Baby is this anyway?......If they want to remain anonomys, I definatley understand

Thanks,
Louis

Last edited:
Yes, DP is going down fast.

At the moment my feelings are:
- Lurk at DP, kind of a habit
- Post on DTR

I am very happy to see most of the core community has made the jump. It is always a great thing to stay with your friends to share stories and watching each other grow in 6.5 knowledge.

Thanks!!!

I know this site wasn't created this or last week so Kudos again to the "Powers that be" for having a "safe House", making this site functional and for having the wearwithall to do so, for the sake of the 6.5 family/Community.

Who's Baby is this anyway?......If they want to remain anonomys, I definatley understand

Thanks,
Louis

I Believe that Nick (Unit453) Owns this site

Okay everyone... here' the deal. I think that leadership needs to be transparent and have resolve about what's going on. Even if I as leadership have made some hasty moves, I think I need to clear things up.

With all the rumors flying about, the move of the ownership from Chad and Nick to Auto Forums didn't go very smoothly, and didn't set well with the whole population of the dieselplace. Everyone was wondering what was going on. We as staff members didn't know. Answers were not coming forth. Rumors started flying.

I was worried about what was going on. I posted several questions to them behind the closed doors, with no answers. So, I went over here to this site and started discussion with you guys. I wanted to know what you all thought of the situation. I wanted you to have the freedom to talk about what was up.

In the mean time, the new owners didn't understand what was up, and thought that I was defecting and pulling all the membership. So, they fired me. I was back to regular membership status. This burned my bacon, and I don't even eat pork. So, with the friends still on staff that hadn't been fired, I told them to "Pull the Stickies." I thought, if these guys are too good to not answer the staff's questions, and then fire without any discussion, the I'm not helping to move that ship forward. I'm not going to have them profit from my free donated work.

So, when you saw the stickies disappear, that's what happened. I asked for them to be pulled.

Since I didn't have any contact with these new guys, and tone is so difficult to read over the internet, I decided to pm them my phone number and clear the air. There was a lot of my motives that weren't understood, and theirs as well were unclear.

Sometimes in the age of the internet, the people side of things are lost. This is a people business. We are here because we want to be. We all volunteer here. There are people behind keyboards right now all over the world typing and participating on here.

So, the sky wasn't falling. The world was going to pot. I was hurt in the process. Hurt bears don't think real clearly. They get off the potty and chase down the one that's hunting them. ;)

So, I wanted to post that for everyone to see. That's the truth about what's going on. I never asked for my job back, but right after the phone call, I noticed that functions had returned... I had been put back into my spot as a moderator. The stickies that I have built have returned, and I will forge ahead.

I'm severely limited on time myself. I don't even have the time to do what I'm supposed as a moderator. I can't do two places. I've got to learn a lot still on the 7.3L engine yet. But I don't want to desert you guys in the process. My to-do list was halted since last week. I haven't gotten a thing done. I've burned hours at the keyboard here working through this process.

I feel I owed you guys this much of the story. I wanted to clear the air and tell the truth in the correct manner. Two days ago would not have been pretty.

Everyone has to come to their own conclusion on things. I'll not tell folks where to go. But after openning discussion over here, I feel responsible for segmenting the group into two different places on the net. That was not my intent. Nor is rebuilding four years of hard work and hundreds of hours going to happen all over again.

So that's it in a nutshell. That's my end that I was responsible for. I hope that clears things up for everyone. If you have any questions or wonder anything else, go ahead and post it, and I will do my best to clear things up.

You guys are some of the best on the net anywhere. Thanks.

Okay everyone... here' the deal. I think that leadership needs to be transparent and have resolve about what's going on. Even if I as leadership have made some hasty moves, I think I need to clear things up.

With all the rumors flying about, the move of the ownership from Chad and Nick to Auto Forums didn't go very smoothly, and didn't set well with the whole population of the dieselplace. Everyone was wondering what was going on. We as staff members didn't know. Answers were not coming forth. Rumors started flying.

I was worried about what was going on. I posted several questions to them behind the closed doors, with no answers. So, I went over here to this site and started discussion with you guys. I wanted to know what you all thought of the situation. I wanted you to have the freedom to talk about what was up.

In the mean time, the new owners didn't understand what was up, and thought that I was defecting and pulling all the membership. So, they fired me. I was back to regular membership status. This burned my bacon, and I don't even eat pork. So, with the friends still on staff that hadn't been fired, I told them to "Pull the Stickies." I thought, if these guys are too good to not answer the staff's questions, and then fire without any discussion, the I'm not helping to move that ship forward. I'm not going to have them profit from my free donated work.

So, when you saw the stickies disappear, that's what happened. I asked for them to be pulled.

Since I didn't have any contact with these new guys, and tone is so difficult to read over the internet, I decided to pm them my phone number and clear the air. There was a lot of my motives that weren't understood, and theirs as well were unclear.

Sometimes in the age of the internet, the people side of things are lost. This is a people business. We are here because we want to be. We all volunteer here. There are people behind keyboards right now all over the world typing and participating on here.

So, the sky wasn't falling. The world was going to pot. I was hurt in the process. Hurt bears don't think real clearly. They get off the potty and chase down the one that's hunting them. ;)

So, I wanted to post that for everyone to see. That's the truth about what's going on. I never asked for my job back, but right after the phone call, I noticed that functions had returned... I had been put back into my spot as a moderator. The stickies that I have built have returned, and I will forge ahead.

I'm severely limited on time myself. I don't even have the time to do what I'm supposed as a moderator. I can't do two places. I've got to learn a lot still on the 7.3L engine yet. But I don't want to desert you guys in the process. My to-do list was halted since last week. I haven't gotten a thing done. I've burned hours at the keyboard here working through this process.

I feel I owed you guys this much of the story. I wanted to clear the air and tell the truth in the correct manner. Two days ago would not have been pretty.

Everyone has to come to their own conclusion on things. I'll not tell folks where to go. But after openning discussion over here, I feel responsible for segmenting the group into two different places on the net. That was not my intent. Nor is rebuilding four years of hard work and hundreds of hours going to happen all over again.

So that's it in a nutshell. That's my end that I was responsible for. I hope that clears things up for everyone. If you have any questions or wonder anything else, go ahead and post it, and I will do my best to clear things up.

You guys are some of the best on the net anywhere. Thanks.

OK, you sticky puller:incazzato:.........What is the plan now?:gnorsi:
Do we stay at DP mainly and keep this site as back up?
Do we continue to add the info from DP as we go along?

Me personaly, I want to stay with the Family and friends i've made over the last 3 years no matter were we go:grouphug:.......I've been listening to you guys for all this time and I don't plan to stop now. Heck if it wasn't for the Great Mods and members, I would be out Thousands of dollars and driving a half ass truck.

So i'm with the majority which ever way it goes:cheers2:.......It's the people who make the forum,............not the other way around.

Louis

OK, you sticky puller:incazzato:.........What is the plan now?:gnorsi:
Do we stay at DP mainly and keep this site as back up?
Do we continue to add the info from DP as we go along?

Me personaly, I want to stay with the Family and friends i've made over the last 3 years no matter were we go:grouphug:.......I've been listening to you guys for all this time and I don't plan to stop now. Heck if it wasn't for the Great Mods and members, I would be out Thousands of dollars and driving a half ass truck.

So i'm with the majority which ever way it goes:cheers2:.......It's the people who make the forum,............not the other way around.

Louis

x2, so do I.

Hey, I have no power over where you guys call home. Turbine Doc is still out of the country... he's proably very troubled with limited internet access and no phone communication... I can't speak for where he will call home.

This is a very tricky little subject... I had started all this discussion here... I wish this forum no harm, but I can't do two. I can hardly keep up with one. My life has been at a stand still for the past week over this whole deal... Until I see the new guys totally botch things up, not keep their word and blow up the whole place... then I think we have no reason to move on. But I don't *think* that's gonna happen. Lots of stuff went wrong in the transition... some on our part, some on theirs. Like I said much before, the reason why I started discussion over here was so you felt the freedom to speak your mind about the issue. It wasn't an endorsement of this forum. So you know also, I didn't ask to be a moderator, when I signed on, I was promoted instantly. (just to clear things up a little) So....

I'm going back over to the dieselplace. Not to say that this place is a bad thing... I just can't do both. I don't have a 6.5 in the driveway any more. I've gotta learn the 7.3 still. No time for that if I'm on two 6.5 forums. Besides that I can't moderate two forums, it's kinda conflicting.

One thing... if you guys do both, have respect for both. We need to stay upstanding individuals. The 6.5 needs representation by folks who hold high values. Don't need any forum wars or bad words exchanged 'tween the two. Okie dokie?

So, I'm going back... where you go, is up to you.

Last edited:
Back