• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Placed an order on the jungle site for one of those chinaman knockoff provent 200's it's supposed to arrive on Thursday sometime. I plan to use some 1" clear tubing from the hardware store just so I can see how oily the hoses get going to and from it. I will start out with the stainless filter it comes with and see how it does collecting oil. maybe do some experimentation.

I forgot to post last night that while looking over the 93 checking fluids again, I happen to check the engine air filter finding it was a tad on the oily side, must be getting some from all the blow by. not having a spare filter to put in, I did happen to find enough parts in the pile of spare parts that came with this truck to get the k-47 air box I got from BigT installed. I had a filter for it LOL. I used the rubber elbow from the panel air box, found a 90 deg PVC fitting that happened to come with the 6.2 engine along with a spectre washable round filter that was on the 6.2.

Just as a temporary fix for it to breathe better all that went on the 93. it fit nicely and the plastic repair on the box BigT did is holding up well. the filter has more tubing making it sit further away from the turbo than the panel one did so maybe that will also help until I can get the provent knock-off installed and see if this will help matters.

The diesel rx fuel pressure regulator arrived today so I’m pretty happy about that.I’m hoping tomorrow I’ll find time to get under the truck to install the new Sparta 7.3 lift pump and this new regulator.I bought a small mechanical fuel pressure gauge from Amazon that will also thread upon the regulator via an 1/8 npt port so I can adjust the pressure under the truck.I’ll take a few pictures and show you guys how it looks once I’ve finished the installation.

View attachment 86335View attachment 86336View attachment 86337Fixed the plug to the driver’s side secondary air valve on the 2014 4Runner:
If the terminal plug is the same as the factory unit.
I have a terminal release tool.
Press the terminals from the old connector, press the pig tails from the new connector then press the factory wires/terminals into the new connector block.
Seems I’ve done that on a couple of different vehicles over the last several weeks.

View attachment 86335View attachment 86336View attachment 86337Fixed the plug to the driver’s side secondary air valve on the 2014 4Runner:
If the terminal plug is the same as the factory unit.
I have a terminal release tool.
Press the terminals from the old connector, press the pig tails from the new connector then press the factory wires/terminals into the new connector block.
Seems I’ve done that on a couple of different vehicles over the last several weeks.

Well today I finished swapping out the front grille and headlights converting back to the quad sealed beams. I had no choice but to pull the front bumper off since the steel was so rigid I could not bend it back into place where it had been hit on the passenger side. I need to search for a GMT400 front bumper and brackets but what do yall think of this look?

IMG_4923.jpg
IMG_4924.jpg

I do need to address the hood alignment. it needs to be moved forward about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch on both sides along with the area on both sides where the hood mounts to the hinges is sunk down. I did attempt to loosen the hood and adjust it but I quickly discovered that the bolt holes in the hinges are not slotted for body adjustments. I'm not sure what to do here. do I remove the hood and egg the four bolt holes in the hinges? and then use flat washers or something to raise the hood at the back side??

Wondering if anyone has had experience with this.

IMG_4927.jpg
IMG_4928.jpg

Yeah, not sure what to do on the hood.

headlights... it's what I have or that came with in the parts stash I got. I prefer glass over the plastic housings. I will probably go LED's in the future for it. my main priority has been make it look original first and get everything working first on top of trying to keep the engine going with all the blowby oil loss it has. I want to put my 95 down for some work but need to be able to rely on this one until the 95 is fixed. last thing I want to do is take the 95 down and then this one bites the dirt leaving me with my pata-mobile LOL

the wifey might get her wish HAHA. she's been complaining about not having a grab handle in the passenger side to get in (shes short) I was digging in behind the seat to get a light bulb for the under hood light. I pulled out a bag with what I knew there were two grab handles for the rear seats. when I looked there were three grab handles in there with all the hardware... I looked and felt along the headliner on the front passengers side above the door and found two indentions where when the new headliner was installed they never cut it for the handle. looks like I just need to cut the fabric and install the handle. the holes are already cut for the back seats, so that might be my project tomorrow and make her happy she can climb in without having to crawl into the floor board to get in and sit HAHA...

Yeah, not sure what to do on the hood.

headlights... it's what I have or that came with in the parts stash I got. I prefer glass over the plastic housings. I will probably go LED's in the future for it. my main priority has been make it look original first and get everything working first on top of trying to keep the engine going with all the blowby oil loss it has. I want to put my 95 down for some work but need to be able to rely on this one until the 95 is fixed. last thing I want to do is take the 95 down and then this one bites the dirt leaving me with my pata-mobile LOL
Now we’re talking. If you’ve got one 6.5 you need 2, so you can take one down.

The diesel rx fuel pressure regulator arrived today so I’m pretty happy about that.I’m hoping tomorrow I’ll find time to get under the truck to install the new Sparta 7.3 lift pump and this new regulator.I bought a small mechanical fuel pressure gauge from Amazon that will also thread upon the regulator via an 1/8 npt port so I can adjust the pressure under the truck.I’ll take a few pictures and show you guys how it looks once I’ve finished the installation.
This is how the setup looks once it’s mounted to the chassis.I was thinking of mounting the regulator on the chassis next to the fuel pump or do you guys think it would be better in the engine compartment in regard to the regulator?

The bracket worked out great from Amazon.Its the 50mm version and fit the lift pump perfectly.I’m waiting on one 90 degree AN fitting that goes at the bottom of the regulator.I had the fitting here at home but for the life of me I can’t find it.

The bottom fitting is the return side and can be connected to the return line on the chassis with a T fitting or you can connect it to the supply side feeding the engine.

I’m also waiting on a mechanical fuel pressure gauge to arrive as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7807.jpeg
    IMG_7807.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7806.jpeg
    IMG_7806.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7804.jpeg
    IMG_7804.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7803.jpeg
    IMG_7803.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7802.jpeg
    IMG_7802.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
I will need to look for the conversion for smaller quad lights.

Today I just finished opening up each door and greasing all the linkages to get the door locks working. all four of the door lock motors had the old rubber boots which looked like they were all melted. they were rock hard and had deteriorated with time and age. pealing them off from the motor rods and they stated working. YAY!

on the back doors, there seems to be something missing on the upper window track because its touching the glass at the very top and has torn up the window tint. is there some kind of piece with some felt that should be there?

Here is a pic looking down into the door. I did check and the tracks are secure and don't look bent or out of place. This is the rear drivers side door but both rear doors look the same and have this same issue.

IMG_4930.jpg
IMG_4929.jpg

I had a look today to determine where to put the fuel pressure regulator and I think at this point I’m going to mount it on the firewall just above the transmission dipstick area.

At least it’ll be in a decent place and out of harms way.I’ll have to make a basic custom bracket from some steel plate I have and then that much will be complete.I should have the regulator mounted tomorrow including the lift pump.

I have some high pressure fuel injection hose on the way from Amazon that’ll leave the 7.3 lift pump and then head straight to the regulator.I also picked up some blue Adele clamps to fasten the hose to the chassis to keep it secure.Here are some pictures of the clamps and hose I plan to use from the lift pump to the regulator.

Attachments

• IMG_7815.jpeg
    IMG_7815.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7814.jpeg
    IMG_7814.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 4
Back