• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

love garlic and will start that as soon as i get some. i've been a diabetic since 13 and am now 52. i have complications but always want to fool myself and say i'm healthy. if it won't hurt me i will try it.

Hey deejaaa just google how raw garlic lowers your cholesterol and blood pressure better then prescription medicine as long as you eat 4 raw cloves a day. It has many other benefits. Like shirinking cancer cells and fat cells. It's amazing. I'm sorry to hear you were diagnosed with diabetes at such a young age. Maybe once you start you will feel better like me. Please keep me posted and let me know how you feel after you start your daily garlic intake. I hope it's as effective for you and your health as it is for me. BTW it's also a natural mosquito repellent when camping! LOL

Fired up the Burb for its quarterly lubricant and coolant circulation execise to keep the engine internals happy and bring back up the charge on the batteries. I just love the sound of that 6.5 through a straight 4" exhaust with the turndown ahead of the rear axle, sounds SO much meaner than my neighbor's 6.0 PowerJoke! Just let it idle for about 15 minutes with the occasional blip of the throttle to hear it roar, but with my hand on the key ready to shut it off if the IP goes runaway. Blip it up to about 2000 rpm, let it drop down to idle. Did that a couple of times until I blipped it up to 2000 rpm and with my foot off the throttle the IP took off on its own to beyond 4000 rpm territory and climbing till I quickly shut it off. Yup, the IP is still toast, hasn't healed itself sitting there the past two years and nine months. Don't take it anywhere, either, because the transmission is toast, well burnt. No matter where the shifter is, the Burb doesn't move. Have a used Goodwrench reman sitting here to go in the Burb, but also need a new IP to become roadworthy again.

Man Husker that sounds like you have some work ahead of you to get your 6.5 burb rolling that coal down the roads again but I'm sure your not a novice like me and well worth your while to get her back where you want her. At least you can look at yours like I look at mine! If you have your own thread I would love to follow it so I can get more educated on different maintenance on these so if I ever have to cross the same bridge I know what road to take.

Fired up the Burb for its quarterly lubricant and coolant circulation execise to keep the engine internals happy and bring back up the charge on the batteries. I just love the sound of that 6.5 through a straight 4" exhaust with the turndown ahead of the rear axle, sounds SO much meaner than my neighbor's 6.0 PowerJoke! Just let it idle for about 15 minutes with the occasional blip of the throttle to hear it roar, but with my hand on the key ready to shut it off if the IP goes runaway. Blip it up to about 2000 rpm, let it drop down to idle. Did that a couple of times until I blipped it up to 2000 rpm and with my foot off the throttle the IP took off on its own to beyond 4000 rpm territory and climbing till I quickly shut it off. Yup, the IP is still toast, hasn't healed itself sitting there the past two years and nine months. Don't take it anywhere, either, because the transmission is toast, well burnt. No matter where the shifter is, the Burb doesn't move. Have a used Goodwrench reman sitting here to go in the Burb, but also need a new IP to become roadworthy again.

I installed a new reman IP this past weekend. Still need to button up the manifold and other items. Temp sensor on crossover broke such that the wire plug won't stay put. Need to order new one.

Just wanted to see what's new in this thread. So today it looks like no ones 6.5 got any love... maybe just abuse.

Nice hopefully you can now enjoy her for a while with out any other issues popping up.

Well right now I'm sitting in my garage looking at my 6.5 Tahoe. So far I removed the big ugly bug shield. I found 3 chips in the paint on the front of the hood. I plan on buying some factory match paint and I'm going to sand down the spot then airbrush them and clear the spots. I've done this before on a 1999 Suburban I bought to sell and when it's done you can never tell. Works great.

sold the Ford rims the tires were mounted on for the same price i bought them for. basically have free tires except for mount/balance.
same guy is gonna ask around for a buyer for the 96.

Not a bad deal deejaaa. Well after I removed the bug shield I ended up helping my girl fix her 98 5.7 2Hoe. She wants to sell it so she cleaned up the interior and I fixed the rear tailgate because it wouldn't open. Easy fix a rod was loose just had to take of the little metal clip and just reinsert the rod then put the clip on the right way. After that I started to clean the cargo area of my 97 6.5 2Hoe. Once I get her fully cleaned up I'm going to put up a slew of pics of her.

I hope you all had a great day today even if you had no time to work on your rigs. God bless yall and Goodnight.

Step bars are rusting and powdercoating pealing off the mounts so, since I've had them off for a couple of years decided that the time to repair them was at hand. Scraped, wire wheeled, belt sanded, D-A sanded, and scraped some more. Brushed on rust converter, sprayed with rust sealer/converter (why not), primed and painted. I'm pretty sure I've wasted my time but, these will last a couple of more years as I save up for the electric auto deploying units I'd rather have.

Between coats of paint, I repaired the turbo's oil return line that, as it turns out, developed a leak in the middle of the braided steel line. The repaired line looks happy to be in place.
20170703-Oil Return Line-10.jpg

call me what ya like: i'm used to it. had a tread separation today. bent some metal on the left rear. lets me know that i'm not the boss. the only good thing was it cost me nothing but time 'cause the rims were sold for the price of the wheels.
here's the tread missing. drove 4 miles at 15 mph on this:
xdc8ch.jpg

289lyg.jpg

here's the new tires:
33towzn.jpg

15o75nn.jpg

the Coopers were cheaper but didn't like the tread design so went with these.
lesson learned: don't buy used tires!
forgot to tell them to put the weights on the inside but the hubcaps fit after these pics with no problem.
these are from Discount Tire. what impressed me was he started the nuts by hand and used a torque wrench to finish them.

call me what ya like: i'm used to it. had a tread separation today. bent some metal on the left rear. lets me know that i'm not the boss. the only good thing was it cost me nothing but time 'cause the rims were sold for the price of the wheels.
here's the tread missing. drove 4 miles at 15 mph on this:
xdc8ch.jpg

289lyg.jpg

here's the new tires:
33towzn.jpg

15o75nn.jpg

the Coopers were cheaper but didn't like the tread design so went with these.
lesson learned: don't buy used tires!
forgot to tell them to put the weights on the inside but the hubcaps fit after these pics with no problem.
these are from Discount Tire. what impressed me was he started the nuts by hand and used a torque wrench to finish them.

Aged tires = no good despite the tread and no cracks. We get rid of them on trailers.

got the front end aligned. rag joint needs replacing, which i'll do and told me about the PS leak from the hydroboost, which i'll take my part to them to put on. almost 300K and none of the parts needed replacing and this was its first FEA. they had to remove the KO plugs.

Back