• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Those old rims look like the rims that are on rail road trucks with that negative offset. I've wondered how they would ride on the road with that set up.

Those old rims look like the rims that are on rail road trucks with that negative offset. I've wondered how they would ride on the road with that set up.
they are from the railroad and weigh about 80 lbs plus 60 for the tire. i cannot lift them up to install so i made a tire bar to do it by myself. they were rough empty but i could of got 100K out of the tires.

Yeah I bet you could have got 100k out of them. The guys putting the big rig wheel kits on their trucks and running big rig tires are getting at least 100k out of them.

IMG_0625.JPG Well I sold my 1999 6.5 suburban a few months back. So I was with out a 6.5 for a while but I found a sweet 97 2 owner with low documented miles. This sweet older lady had it and used it only on weekends to go to her farm to camp.

She's a beauty. I must say after owning the 1999 6.5 suburban, the 1999 2 Door Tahoe 6.5, and the 1995 6.5 Suburban the little Tahoe I now have drives much much better then all the other ones I've owned. She drives like a Caddy. She accelerates much better then all other three. Guys she's 100% Bone stock.

So yesterday I started to clean up her interior and also wash the OEM GM Floor mats.

I'm happy to have this rare gem. I plan on ordering a new PMD relocation kit from Leroys Soon but I paid real good money for her so money's been tight for me now and I'm going to have to wait to upgrade some of the parts.

I have more pictures but I haven't had the time to clean her up like I want to. I have all the maintenance records for every oil change, alternator replacement etc... I did wash her but When I have more time I want to devote one or two full days to really clean her from top to bottom and get to know her a bit more. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. BTW the color is red cherry metallic.

IMG_1460.JPG IMG_0626.JPG IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0621.JPG IMG_1442.JPG

removed passenger side valve cover, cleaned the surfaces and sealed using RTV. both girls helped. we were a dirty bunch when finished. next will be the easy side. need to slow the leaks down.

Well... the only thing I did to mine today was look at it. I also spoke to Leroy about ordering my flight system PMD extension kit. Hey deejaaa.

Not much. Just laying in bed on my iPad. I was googling lifted 2 Door Tahoes to see other trucks like mine. What are you up to?

think i got dehydrated yesterday in the heat although i drank a lot of water. today i'm taking it easy but l'll go get some Gatorade for when i work on the other valve cover.

Yeah, I drink water all day everyday and you most definitely need to drink a lot with the heat in these summer months especially when working outdoors. I know this is off topic but I've done extensive research on the benefits of eating raw garlic and as crazy as it sounds for about 7 months now I've been eating on the average of 4-7 big cloves or raw garlic daily. It's amazing how it's helped my health over the past 7 months that I've been eating it. Yeah I smell of garlic after but if people can smell it then they are just standing to close to me to begin with! LOL.. Back in 2009 I was diagnosed with emphysema and now I've been going back and fourth to doctors and they are amazed because they say I no longer have emphysema! My body hurt every morning when I would wake up especially my chest both front and back but that's now a thing of the past. I'm not trying to preach to anyone on here but if you all do some research of your own you just might be surprised with what you learn. I will say this I used to eat the raw cloves by themselves 4 in a row and they are the hottest thing I have ever eaten. So be prepared if you try it. I now cut them into slices and put them in a nice salad with my lunch everyday. Just food for thought for anyone who has health issues.

God bless you all. I feel I'm blessed everyday I can still wake up.

I have more pictures but I haven't had the time to clean her up like I want to. I have all the maintenance records for every oil change, alternator replacement etc... I did wash her but When I have more time I want to devote one or two full days to really clean her from top to bottom and get to know her a bit more. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. BTW the color is red cherry metallic.

View attachment 50238 View attachment 50237 View attachment 50235 View attachment 50234 View attachment 50233

Jealous!

aLpHaSuRf= definitely not a vampire.
My wife and I love garlic. I might try that after the summer. Sweating here in the desert heat, everyone You work with understands your diet. That much garlic I would get some linemans pliers to the back of the head. haha
Wife could get away with it- inside a/c job and all.

aLpHaSuRf= definitely not a vampire.
My wife and I love garlic. I might try that after the summer. Sweating here in the desert heat, everyone You work with understands your diet. That much garlic I would get some linemans pliers to the back of the head. haha
Wife could get away with it- inside a/c job and all.

Lmao. I too love garlic. I stink of it right now, just ate my 7 cloves for the day. The crazy thing is I took off over 20 pounds and now have practically zero body fat. Anyone who wants to lose weight should definitely try it for at least a week.

Well enough about the garlic. I did in fact pull my codes and my SES light is on because of p1191 which means I have an intake air duct leak. So let me google trouble shooting it.

I finally got a little time to work on the truck yesterday evening.
I put JB Weld on the little freeze plug on the head about 3 weeks ago after I had trouble finding them. I put the intakes back on and that's the way it sat for a while.
Yesterday I filled up with anti-freeze and water. Pulled all the glow plugs and turned it over until I got fuel mist. Put the glows back in and she's running like a champ.

Between building a house and vacation bible school and a full time job with over time it's hard to find time to do anything to the truck lately.

Back