• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

You need to fix any of the streams or drips.
The streams will do damage.
The drips cause poor running.

Remind me, is this a new set or one with some descent miles on them?

You were correct earlier- the original India ones had issues, the newer ones they seemed to have fixed the issues.

You were correct earlier- the original India ones had issues, the newer ones they seemed to have fixed the issues.
New Bosch.
I sent a email to Leroy. With the video.

Tha is great news @J_dude
How difficult was it to get the hose started into the bore with the intake still installed ?
If You used a grease gun hose, check for continuity between the metal hose fitting on the end of the hose and a good grounding source.
If there is no continuity, sand a spot on the fitting. Add some solder flux to that sanded portion. Heat it good with a solder gun and tin it until solder sticks. Add a section of wire long enough to reach a good ground source.
Problem solved. 😹
Ok so it turns out the grease gun hose does not work well as a conductor 😆
But I think I will just build a little bracket to mount the T fitting with the gauge and sensor to the upper intake plenum, and it should get a good ground through that. Will update (with pics, hopefully) tomorrow.

Ok so it turns out the grease gun hose does not work well as a conductor 😆
But I think I will just build a little bracket to mount the T fitting with the gauge and sensor to the upper intake plenum, and it should get a good ground through that. Will update (with pics, hopefully) tomorrow.
Yup, that will wurk. 😹

That strapping would do it, but where would I get it? My solution seems to be working.
A steel store would have it. Like Pacific Steel and Recycling.
Shape the end on a bench grinder, drill the holes then make the bends.
Probably an inch X 1/16th or 3/32nds thick would be plenty.

Block promoted from 2nd LT to Captain?

FWIW, I looked on another site’s thread and the OP had a picture of the same markings. Neither the OP or Contributors referenced it.
And here I was hoping for some kind of an IH symbol, besides the two triangle looking things.
Got the RH rocker cover removed. Nothing special under there. At least all them plastic buttons is still in place.

I still wouldn't run a set of new injectors without having them popped and balanced first

I still wouldn't run a set of new injectors without having them popped and balanced first
I sent Leroy an email with the video of that one injector.
I know there are several other injectors that were leaking down and pissing a stream.
At that rate, a person would most likely have to buy three or four sets to get one good set that would pop within a few pounds of each other, and, not leak down.
Probably will not hear any word back from Leroy until Monday, so, before then I better get the good ones sorted out and be ready to answer any questions.
Hind sight being 20/20, I should have acquired a pop tester before I installed that set from BWD and maybe I now would not be having to go through this.

I sent Leroy an email with the video of that one injector.
I know there are several other injectors that were leaking down and pissing a stream.
At that rate, a person would most likely have to buy three or four sets to get one good set that would pop within a few pounds of each other, and, not leak down.
Probably will not hear any word back from Leroy until Monday, so, before then I better get the good ones sorted out and be ready to answer any questions.
Hind sight being 20/20, I should have acquired a pop tester before I installed that set from BWD and maybe I now would not be having to go through this.
Feeling ya. Bought a set of reman Bosch from a local shop. Tested them about 5000 miles later. AKDiesel tried them and couldn't get them to pop as they wouldn't open and he was at about 3000psi. Took them with me to visit Heath and they eventually popped at around 3300-3500... no mist, no chatter, just streams of fuel.

Back