• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

My biggest beef with RA is the outrageous shipping costs - like $5.95 to ship a small $1.29 plastic part in a box via FedEx that could be put in a padded envelope and mailed for $1.95 via USPS.

Now, as far as GM and the resistor pack for the fan motor, why couldn't it have been mounted on the front of the plenum where it could be more easily reached to change it, instead of on top where they're a royal PITA to access?

My biggest beef with RA is the outrageous shipping costs - like $5.95 to ship a small $1.29 plastic part in a box via FedEx that could be put in a padded envelope and mailed for $1.95 via USPS.

Now, as far as GM and the resistor pack for the fan motor, why couldn't it have been mounted on the front of the plenum where it could be more easily reached to change it, instead of on top where they're a royal PITA to access?
The other thing with RA is the lack of customer service. It's all good until you have a problem.

I still check price there sometimes. Sure don't order much

I don't much anymore, either. Even with our 5% discount, I find often times that the free shipping that is many times offered on the 'Bay MORE than offsets RA's "lower price" plus their outrageous shipping (especially if the items come from multiple dropship warehouses) for the identical item from the same manufacturer.

And yes, the TOTAL LACK of Customer Service, or even a f*cking response from RA experienced by multiple members on here (the most recent being @ak diesel driver) - versus what I've gotten in the way of Customer Service/response from 'Bay Vendors - is appalling. Hear that, @RockAutoLLC ?

LOL my cat prefers the amazon boxes anyway haha. (aka pur-o-later fuzzy filters 🤪 )

I do get on RA from time to time finding the Delco part numbers to use and search other places like amazon when there isn't a good application listing on parts that are sold. several times I ran across parts that were listed as "Does Not Fit" on amazon when RA and other places show they do. also when others flat out don't show the delco parts vs the chineesium choice. get the delco # in a search and wallah there it is.

@RockAutoLLC is just going to have to loose a ton of business and either fail or eventually list to their customers that WE NEED SERVICE FROM HUMANS ON A 1-800 number.
Or if they are making kore millions than ever before- I guess they don’t want money from the likes of me.
I do try to use them sometimes in spite of my bad experience.

Just because they're a vendor here.

But I would certainly never order anything important or expensive.

They did get back to me on my rear control arm issue.

Something like 3 months later.

Long after I had filed a dispute with the credit card and bought something different.

Long enough after that I didn't immediately know what he was talking about when he called.

I do try to use them sometimes in spite of my bad experience.

Just because they're a vendor here.

But I would certainly never order anything important or expensive.

They did get back to me on my rear control arm issue.

Something like 3 months later.

Long after I had filed a dispute with the credit card and bought something different.

Long enough after that I didn't immediately know what he was talking about when he called.
I am assuming filing that dispute got their attention! It might have taken that long for the CC company to make contact with them over it.

it's like so many of these warehouses including amazon using robots and AI (artificial intelligence) to replace the common worker. they probably only have a hand full of folks in various parts of the world running the show where all their warehouses are run by robots and conveyors to load trucks and ship out.

I haven't been to one myself but others have told me that a person going inside of a amazon grocery store to shop, everything is automated and there's not a single human worker in there other than the folks shopping.

My wife was working at a amazon warehouse for a short time here locally and said there is very few people in the actual warehouse where things are stored. it's a maze of conveyors and robot forklifts running around with the actual workers loading and unloading shipping trucks going in and out. she was one of the ones loading trucks as the conveyor was spitting out packages. she said you had to be fast grabbing packages and playing tetras / ginga loading the trucks from top to bottom without any pallets. they crammed as much as they could into the trucks!! after she left there was a fatality in the same area there as the boxes were being stacked in the truck they collapsed into a land slide on top of a worker... you can only imagine the site.

I absolutely hate walking into a store like Home Depot or Wally-world and being forced to use a "self" checkout. I'll call the attendant over the ring it all up and take my money!!

I am assuming filing that dispute got their attention! It might have taken that long for the CC company to make contact with them over it.

it's like so many of these warehouses including amazon using robots and AI (artificial intelligence) to replace the common worker. they probably only have a hand full of folks in various parts of the world running the show where all their warehouses are run by robots and conveyors to load trucks and ship out.

I haven't been to one myself but others have told me that a person going inside of a amazon grocery store to shop, everything is automated and there's not a single human worker in there other than the folks shopping.

My wife was working at a amazon warehouse for a short time here locally and said there is very few people in the actual warehouse where things are stored. it's a maze of conveyors and robot forklifts running around with the actual workers loading and unloading shipping trucks going in and out. she was one of the ones loading trucks as the conveyor was spitting out packages. she said you had to be fast grabbing packages and playing tetras / ginga loading the trucks from top to bottom without any pallets. they crammed as much as they could into the trucks!! after she left there was a fatality in the same area there as the boxes were being stacked in the truck they collapsed into a land slide on top of a worker... you can only imagine the site.

I absolutely hate walking into a store like Home Depot or Wally-world and being forced to use a "self" checkout. I'll call the attendant over the ring it all up and take my money!!
I'm the same way with self checkout. It seems every time I try. Something messes up. Then If somebody doesn't immediately take care of it. I leave everything there and go shop elsewhere.
They used to check out at the pharmacy. Then they decided to limit the number of items. Maybe 10. I had the pharmacy checkout tell me I couldn't check out there because I had too many items. I said, "only checkout that number of items and do whatever with the rest."
She got called away and a different gal checked out everything, including the extra 3 or 4 items out without question.

I finally got around to getting the blower fixed. it turned out to be the resistor that was bad. I pulled the control panel out and plugged in the new switch and nothing. so I swapped in the new resistor and reconnected the old switch. all was working again :)

also went and filled up with diesel and went to do my mileage... discovering my trip stopped working!! not sure what happened but I didn't noticed until I had reset it and drove across town. just happened to glance back at the trip and saw it was still on zero. reset it again and it began to work. not trusting it anymore and will be using my odo to track my fuel mileage from now on.

The trip odometer will do that if not fully pressed in and fully released. Had that happen once on my Burb. Filled up, reset it at the station, drove the 1.1 miles back home and noticed it was still zeroed out. Pushed the reset all the way back in and let it pop all the way back out and the trip odometer worked fine after that ever since.

funny thing is I still consistantly use the trip to gauge how many miles I have left in the tank. when I first bought the truck the fuel gauge didn't work and the PO warned me not to drive over 300 miles unless I kept a full can in the back!! ( he had some experience with that LOL ) even after I had replaced the sender / pickup tube I still watch it as to not run out of fuel haha.

Last week I rolled into the Idaho farm with the 95 K2500, capping off a nearly 1000 mile run from the KS farm, which isnt terribly impressive until you factor in the weight, poor old girl was at 23,240 combo weight. rolled over 451,000 miles on the trip.
Prior to that it went up to MN to drag home some auction goodies, and it weighed 22,xxx on that run. prior to that it was gutted on a buddies 4 post lift gettting a new clutch, crack free bellhousing, and lower miled NV4500.

Still gotta put her back under the knife, during the transmission job, decided to do t-case input seal, good thing I did, the bearing housing was cracked and disintegrated when touched, so it has a 93 t-case in it now, so front shaft wont hook up, which is why I got stuck in the Idaho yard trying to unhook the trailer today. lol
I forgot to mention, she died in the parking lot on the MN run, ignition switch gave out. had a buddy look at abeater back at the farm that had been bypassed, bypassed the 95, ignition is now two eyelets held together with a machine screw. lol ordered a new delco switch, plan to fix properly later.

happy to have it back on the road!

Hmm well, I fried my starter cable in half...
Went to start her yesterday and she wasn’t having any of it, which I thought was strange as it wasn’t very cold out. Anyway, thought I heard some crackling sparking noises while cranking it, so I popped the hood to check and found smoke coming from the starter cable where it rests on the frame below the turbo. Sure enough it melted all the insulation off the cable and was arcing straight to the frame, I couldn’t get a wrench fast enough so I just grabbed the side cutters from the center-console and cut it off the battery. Then the rest of the cable came right off in my hand... melted right through. So now I have to try and cobble something together so I can get to work tomorrow, and I don’t have big cable ends or the crimpers for them here at home and no stores open on a Sunday.
Should have done that yesterday but I had to be somewhere so I didn’t have time

Well, my blower fan is back on the fritz again! I found that when I run it on low it will randomly stop blowing! turning the switch to med will get it going again and then quits again a few miles down the road. later on the issue rared its ugly face to me!! the blower motor started to squeal!! time to replace. also noticed that my AC compressor button will flash the light if just bumping the blower switch while it's in the off position. not sure what's happening there. maybe the blower switch is going bad too.

Well, my blower fan is back on the fritz again! I found that when I run it on low it will randomly stop blowing! turning the switch to med will get it going again and then quits again a few miles down the road. later on the issue rared its ugly face to me!! the blower motor started to squeal!! time to replace. also noticed that my AC compressor button will flash the light if just bumping the blower switch while it's in the off position. not sure what's happening there. maybe the blower switch is going bad too.
Feel the resistance! Get that blower outta there!

Back