• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

My thoughts too.
Sounds very good.

Thanks. Could not have got to this point without your loaner IP. This has been quite the journey over the past 3 years. Too many contributing issues to work through, but never gave up.

I handed my son a set of new inside door panels we brought. Kinda symbolic that he now gets to work on something more cosmetic.

What's the status on your Hummer? Will it ever get unparked?
Man I hope so! With shoulder surgery and the emergency house repairs that had to happen sucking up my 6.5 money, Hummer got pushed back.
I should be ordering bearings this month, then shipping a box of parts to Chris for coatings.

Rockabillyrat has my ip for rebuilding- going to 110cc3 and an aneroid (puff limiter).

I will get all those parts and assemble & install engine. I want to do it with the truck style (aka hummer n/a style) intake manifold so I can drop the big boy turbo on there instead of the gm6. The thought of breaking in that engine with no turbo is kinda ugly, but we’ll see.

my goal of done mid summer got destroyed with the shoulder. Hopefully the shoulder is back to useable at a near normal level end of this month. Your mom ife might need more help than she is planning on. I can’t believe how much this affected me. It’s near as bad as when I had a cast from hip to foot. Barely can do anything.

Man I hope so! With shoulder surgery and the emergency house repairs that had to happen sucking up my 6.5 money, Hummer got pushed back.
I should be ordering bearings this month, then shipping a box of parts to Chris for coatings.

Rockabillyrat has my ip for rebuilding- going to 110cc3 and an aneroid (puff limiter).

I will get all those parts and assemble & install engine. I want to do it with the truck style (aka hummer n/a style) intake manifold so I can drop the big boy turbo on there instead of the gm6. The thought of breaking in that engine with no turbo is kinda ugly, but we’ll see.

my goal of done mid summer got destroyed with the shoulder. Hopefully the shoulder is back to useable at a near normal level end of this month. Your mom ife might need more help than she is planning on. I can’t believe how much this affected me. It’s near as bad as when I had a cast from hip to foot. Barely can do anything.

It's my wife April getting the shoulder replacement done. It is the worst of all joint replacements, save for the ankle. She will not be able to drive for 6 weeks and will have some use by 6 months. I will be doing the spin wash on her in the shower with water wand for da butt.

We still have not started the kitchen, central LR and grand entry up at MT. Appliances still on order.

It's my wife April getting the shoulder replacement done. It is the worst of all joint replacements, save for the ankle. She will not be able to drive for 6 weeks and will have some use by 6 months. I will be doing the spin wash on her in the shower with water wand for da butt.

We still have not started the kitchen, central LR and grand entry up at MT. Appliances still on order.
Theres always the fun of showering outside like we all used to do when we were kids!

I've been thinking about a bidet.

Good luck on your shoulder. I was in PT for 6 months each after my shoulder surgeries

Thanks. Could not have got to this point without your loaner IP. This has been quite the journey over the past 3 years. Too many contributing issues to work through, but never gave up.

I handed my son a set of new inside door panels we brought. Kinda symbolic that he now gets to work on something more cosmetic.
Just seeing and hearing that sweet old diesel purr like that was well worth the effort. I’m just happy I had the means to help out. Thats what makes My heart feel good, with a very deep state of humility.

After having to drive into the mud pit at the metal recyclers, brought home the truck, some oil on the bed. Wiped that up, then, detergent, bucket of water, the foxtail shop brisk broom and scrubbed out the box/bed area. Got that cleaned out then soaked off the mud from the sides. Used the detergent and the foxtail brisky broom and sorta scrubbed the sides of the truck. Got the mud removed anyhow. Let it air dry so dont really know if it shines or if its dull and dingy. 😹😹😹💩😹

Best color from GM for those years. I love Silver, Black, and Grey. I would be doing limo black window tint too. Not just because summer here is like surface of the sun, but it looks awesome imo.

I seriously think about doing a camo paint job with those three colors on my hummer. My Bride reminds me she barely likes to ride in it now and any camo is too much. Haha.
What do you expect from a gal born in Queens NY! Haha.

1/2 @d warsh job. Used a foxtail broom, a bottle of dish wash detergent and the garden hose.
Foxtail broom is one of them small brushes a person uses to sweep dust and dirt into a dustpan. Handle on one end and bristles hangs down from the other end.
View attachment 75224

View attachment 75225
That's a good lookin pick'em up truck ya got there! I'd love to have a "beer" window in mine!

Started working on the front bumper trying to straightening it out. Seems it’s fairly close and even now. It was pushed up and in on the driver’s side causing the grill to be in a bind. Don’t mind my blue hood lol once I find the piece behind the bumper that’s broken I’ll make rounds to get is all painted lol

881C8066-647A-4596-B29C-D7BDF3FA320F.jpeg8AA42884-4089-4BBF-8F27-5D0EFE554446.jpeg67C18A68-035E-4810-8BFD-891F841950EF.jpegB88DA933-9F45-4E64-B501-E70872324DB9.jpeg

Started working on the front bumper trying to straightening it out. Seems it’s fairly close and even now. It was pushed up and in on the driver’s side causing the grill to be in a bind. Don’t mind my blue hood lol once I find the piece behind the bumper that’s broken I’ll make rounds to get is all painted lol

View attachment 75378View attachment 75379View attachment 75380View attachment 75381
I ordered all new aftermarket mounting brackets and hardware for one of our GMT400s. They were worse than the bent stuff. I ended up straightening the original stuff and reusing it. I think I have the aftermarket stuff away

Back