• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

I didn’t know anything factory aftermarket was available for these trucks. I figured if I couldn’t straighten them I’d have to venture out to the pick a part yard

Got the grill remounted and it’s not under stress anymore yay! Need to find that plastic part the goes behind the bumper under the grill somewhere. Wrestled the brush guard back in. Boy that was a chore now that the bumper is mostly straight the guard must have been on when it was hit!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention while I had the grill off I got to adjust the led headlight bulbs ( had a set screw to rotate them so there set straight in the housing). Plus I wired in a relay for the 4 hi beam mod. Both hi and low come on now with the hi beam switch 😀. I can see now lol

image.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot to mention while I had the grill off I got to adjust the led headlight bulbs ( had a set screw to rotate them so there set straight in the housing). Plus I wired in a relay for the 4 hi beam mod. Both hi and low come on now with the hi beam switch 😀. I can see now lol

View attachment 75382
Thats a mighty wonderful thing to have, them dims on with the brights.

No mine isn’t an HD. Wish it was though lol. Both of them for under 15k gvw look the same in the picture and the price can’t be beaten ether! I’m gonna have to order it. I need more RA fridge magnets too lol. I just marked the left filler so they’ll let me know when it’s in stock too, gonna need that too

View attachment 75382
Is that like an old Mercedes hood ornament, or maybe a Rolls Royce? :cigar:

I bought the hood off a guy on FB to replace the one on mine since it was creased. it had a ornament from a square body Chevy attached ! at least none of the GMT400's that I'm aware of used those ornaments lol

this is what's on it.
1655747203770.png

and what I plan to order and replace it with.
1655747248847.png

I bought the hood off a guy on FB to replace the one on mine since it was creased. it had a ornament from a square body Chevy attached ! at least none of the GMT400's that I'm aware of used those ornaments lol

this is what's on it.
View attachment 75431

View attachment 75432

At least you got something to show for the government bailout.

this is what's on it.
View attachment 75431

View attachment 75432
It seems that there was also a GM hood ornament that was for a diesel too. I dont remember what it looked like though.

I have not even glanced at what kind of a job this is going to be. I’ll save the cursing and swearing until the time I get there. 😖🤧😹😹😹

I had them installed when the local (Montana) mechanic was installing my transmission. He said it was a PITA, which is why I let him do it. People have posted on it here. You have to lift the engine up and get on the nuts or bolts with a short box wrench. My old OEM mounts were destroyed and the engine was basically resting on the frame, thus explaining all the vibration.

I had them installed when the local (Montana) mechanic was installing my transmission. He said it was a PITA, which is why I let him do it. People have posted on it here. You have to lift the engine up and get on the nuts or bolts with a short box wrench. My old OEM mounts were destroyed and the engine was basically resting on the frame, thus explaining all the vibration.
I do have the stubby end wrench set in American Standard, from Snap On.
Maybe it might be a good time to pull the starter too and give it another good lube job and an inspection. It is still spinning a mighty fine clip since the last time I had it apart and lubed it up. Thats been probably three winters ago, at least, maybe four. I could look at the record book and tell. Just aint going to make an unecessary journey to the truck to looksee. 😹😹😹

I did that on the 1989 many years ago. Definitely not fun

It seems that there was also a GM hood ornament that was for a diesel too. I dont remember what it looked like though.
they made on for the 6.2 diesel. found a pic online. maybe if I get creative with my daughters circuit machine and am able to de-laminate the epoxy on this one I have, I can put a nice 6.5 decal in there and refill with clear epoxy! 🤔

1655751072276.png

they made on for the 6.2 diesel. found a pic online. maybe if I get creative with my daughters circuit machine and am able to de-laminate the epoxy on this one I have, I can put a nice 6.5 decal in there and refill with clear epoxy! 🤔

View attachment 75435
That would be a great item for us 6.5ers.
Even the 6.2 decal units are not available except the rare occasion that one shows up on ebay or some such.

Back