• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Water pump leak

Job is done and no coolant leaks. However, what I thought was an oil leak dripping down over the starter, is a fuel leak. Probably an injector line or return line. Will have to tear that inner fender out and get after it next weekend. Probably should order some return lines. F!

Fuel leak definitely not FFM. Completely dry underneath it.

It's coming from the front passenger side of engine. Dripping onto frame and drips mainly from the front lower control arm bracket to the ground. I replaced the return line from the front injector to the hard return line. Old was cracked, but new one did not stop the leak. I cleaned up the frame and I can see it pooling down the frame starting from this rubber lined clamp I have for the glow wires and a cable to the starter. I'm going to pull that clamp, clean it up and further trace the source.

Yeah, nothing to be embarrassed about there. Things like what I did on wife’s fj cruiser oil change- that is worth being embarrassed over. Oil filter is upside down and there is a drain hole for the spilled oil. I put a catch can under it. Finished work and forgot it. 2 weeks later I here a CRAZY sound. Popped hood and found this.B1790485-D3CF-4B71-A7C5-5915B2FBDA5A.jpeg332DB31D-03E1-4D54-93AE-EAFE5E766419.jpeg

Man, that school of pointed headed land walking fish is really big! Most schools have more than 1.5 dozen, but I guess when fish are that big...
I thought about making a joke of: “no more leak? Looks like a river of a leak!” But my kids are on me to knock it down to 1. Ad joke per hour.

Seriously- nice vacation spots right there. Be it for a couple hours, days, or a week.

Back