• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Two-Face has moved to DTR

My glass pack should be here today. I've developed an oil leak that appears to be due to blowby (does it under boost but not at idle) so i have to try and find where that is coming from. I am also considering running a larger crancase vent hose to the catch can. I'm definetly gonna have to rig up a manual TC lockup switch. The factory setting doesn't work too well with a turbo.

Yep but the engine looks much cleaner without one so i'm gonna work on fixing leaks and might run a larger crankcase vent hose to the catch can to help vent pressure.

Update: I've just bought a sm465/np205 combo with hydro bell housing and pedels for a song. The guy also happened to have some very good condition barn doors for the rear so I bought them too. It looks like all i need now to do my manual swap is a flywheel, clutch kit, transmission mount, and the ranger o/d box. I'll have to have new driveshafts made up after i get it all in the truck and see where everything ends up.

I won't be attempting this for a little while due to the cost of the ranger (gotta save up some dough) plus I really want to get it lifted up before I do the manual swap. That way, I can account for the driveline angles of the truck after its lifted.

wow that sounds like it would be awsome to have but the draw back being the shifter will be 7.5in closer to the seat:eek: almost in the seat

Advance adaptors website is 1500 bucks or so. Summit racing sells them for 1379. Considering the price of a gear vendors unit, that is not bad at all. It's cheaper than an nv4500 swap also.

Well, I decided to go ahead and install the B&M shift kit in my 700 to maybe help it live behind the turbo motor long enough to collect parts for the manual trans swap. It was going well and I started to reassemble the VB and seperator plate. I was arranging the spacers for the accumulator and found the 1-2 accumulator spring was broken. That explained alot about why the 1-2 shift was lousy. I have to spend tomorrow trying to hunt a spring for it so i can get my burb back on the road.

I know on the TH350s and 400s you could actually leave a few springs out and it gave it a nice firm shift. Not sure about 700. Maybe Missy will chime in.

Well, i found an accumulator spring and was surprised how cheap it was. The guy at the trans shop said they break in 700's all the time. Anyway, I started to reinstall everything and noticed that one of the bolt holes for the accumulator housing bolts had been stripped and helicoiled VERY POORLY. I didn't think much of it and when along reinstalling everything. Started torquing VB bolt and the bolt threaded into the helicoil wouldn't take torque. It pulled the coil out. I figured screw it. It has two more bolts holding it and the helicoil is on the other side of the seperator plate and its not coming out so i just put it all back together. I have to say, I am pleased with the b and m kit. It holds gears longer than before, shifts firmer, and seems to say in the engine's power band more readily. I hope the 700 can hold up while i collect my manual swap parts.

Back