• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Two-Face has moved to DTR

Here are some more pics. Haven't gotten any big things done. I finished my crossover pipe and my oil supply line. Still have lots to do. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 100_0784.jpg
    100_0784.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_0787.jpg
    100_0787.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0788.jpg
    100_0788.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_0792.jpg
    100_0792.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 51
Well, here is an update. I've taken off the intake and exhaust manifolds to be sand blasted and painted. I finished my downpipe and am pretty happy with the way it turned out except for one thing. My welder was spattering all over the place and i wasn't sure why. At first i just assumed it was the aluminized coating of the pipe interfering with the shielding gas. But then once i had finished my downpipe, i started to finish weld something else. Same Results. I noticed that it had slag on top of the weld which definetely wasn't normal for a mig. So i looked in my welder and sure enough, I had put in a roll of flux core wire. The store mislabled their mig wire and now i have a bunch of welds that look like ass. I'll try and post up some pictures later today.
Joe

It LIVES!

I got the truck running for the first time today. Had a fuel line leak that i had to fix and now i've got a couple oil leaks to fix but nothing major. Still have a while before i get it on the road. Gonna install the shift kit in the 700r4, do a brake job on the truck, mount my CUCV bumper, paint my wheels and mount my catch can and it will be back on the road. I've got a picture of the manifold spacer in there just for acesneights.
Joe

Attachments

• 100_0797.jpg
    100_0797.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0796.jpg
    100_0796.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0795.jpg
    100_0795.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0793.jpg
    100_0793.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
More Pics.

Attachments

• 100_0798.jpg
    100_0798.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0801.jpg
    100_0801.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_0802.jpg
    100_0802.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0803.jpg
    100_0803.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 2
Ahh we were posting at the same time. So again you needed the spacer cause you had long injs or you needed it regardless of which injectors ? Who made it ?

Just need the spacer with long injectors the way i understand it. iaintscared1969 off dp is who i got the spacer from. Its a nice laser cut piece and fits perfectly. It is tight. I actually ubolted the motor mounts and used a cherry picker to lift the engine up about 4 inches to tighten all the exhaust manifold bolts.

OK. See I would rather just swap injectors but I want to know that will work. I wish someone would have done it that way. I guess I'll end up being the guinea pig.

Well, i've gotten all my oil leaks and fuel leaks taken care of. I had a problem with stalling. If you stomped it and immediately let off, when it tried to come back down to idle, it would die. I replaced a section of fuel line that i kinked when installing my electric lift pump and it seems to have fixed the problem. I have been working on painting the CUCV bumper and brush guard. I still need to do some brake work before its on the road. I'm not sure if i can tackle the shift kit in the trans or have someone else do it. I know it will need it because 1-2 shift is WAY too soft. It seems like it takes about half a second for second gear to be firmly engauged. Like its riding on the clutch band for half a second or so. I'm sure that if it did that while boosting, it wouldn't live for long. I plan on swapping a manual trans in eventually but i don't want to or have the coin to right now so i need the 700r4 to stay with me for a while.

Well, I have painted my rims and bumper. I need to finish painting the cucv brush guard. Once i get that done, I'll put it all back on the truck and take it down the road. After talking with my uncle who is a chevy guru and reading the instructions several times over, I am confident I can install the shift kit. I will plan on doing it as soon as weather allows.

Back