• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Two-Face has moved to DTR

Well, I'm gonna try it with the trans still in the truck. Might do that sometime next week. I took the burb out for the maiden voyage today. Runs much better, but I'm only getting egt's of 650 at full throttle and around 4.5 to 5 psi boost. So, I'm gonna turn the screw up some more. I'm letting it cool down right now but in the mean time, here are a couple pics.

The rims came out great with semi gloss black. The bumper is just loosely mounted as the brush guard paint is still curing. Hope to have the hood and the brush guard/bumper mounted back on the truck this evening. I couldn't find a better place to mount my catch can but it works.

Attachments

• 100_0807.jpg
    100_0807.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0808.jpg
    100_0808.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0809.jpg
    100_0809.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2
Well, I'm a little frustrated. The fuel screw on the db2 is turned all the way up. Still no more than 4.5psi boost. EGT still the same. The only two things i can come up with is that the fuel is about right and the line running to the boost gauge has a leak, or the db just isn't able to push enough fuel and the wastegate spring isn't strong enough. Any thoughts?

IS that a wastegate spring of like a 93 ? It may not allow that much boost. Turbomaster may be better. I know a Banks can easily run 9 psi recommended and can probably go more.
Question, what is that jug on the fenderwell with the hose ?

Catch can. I'm not running a cdr. It just vents all the crankcase gases out the filter on top while catching the oil residue from the blowby in the can. Has a petcock on the bottom for draining it. Dodge used something like that for the cummins on the 24 valve trucks I'm told. I think i might have figured out my problem. I replaced the studs on the turbo manifold at the crossover pipe flang. The new studs have the springs pressing against he flange. Anybody know if 6.5td's had springs on the manifold studs at the crossover flange?

I think there is a good possibility that when i'm hard on the fuel, the drive pressure on the exhaust side of the turbo is overcombing the springs tension and causing the crossover pipe to seperate from the mainfold. It gets loud as hell when i get on it so it makes sense to me. If the rain lets up for a while, I might try messing with it today.

I'm banking that the spring studs are my problem. I'm gonna head down to the local auto parts place and see if i can find something to replace them with.

Well, no more springs. Strait studs and locknuts. Still can't get more than 5psi so next, i'm wireing the waste gate shut and i'll see what happens. With that said, Compared to the way it used to run, I goes like a raped ape with 5psi boost. Still don't see egt more than 650 but i think my trans is slipping alot. That might be why i'm not seeing my egts climb. I'm having to let out of it when it shifts in order to keep it from smoking bands. It needs that shift kit in a bad way. Next week maybe. For now, i've got the lock up converter unplugged from the switch at the IP so hopefully it won't even try to lock.

I HATE AUTOMATICS!

Wired the wastegate shut today. It jumped to 10psi pretty quick so thats the culprit. I am still not seeing the egt that i thought i would see. It's like I'm not getting enough fuel even though the pump is turned up. I'm thinking about checking the fuel pressure on the supply line.

I've ordered all the stuff to finish my exhaust (right now its just the downpipe, F*CKING LOUD) and a turbomaster for the wastegate. More pics to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyg3YSvBew

Well, got a couple more loose ends tied up. Still have to work on the heater, get the turbo master installed and some other crap. I have a 3 inch glass pack coming for the truck. Its on back order. I like the way it sounds with the straight pipe but i just wanna take a little bit of the drone out. Still waiting on the turbomaster but i still have plenty to work on.

Attachments

• 100_0811.jpg
    100_0811.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0812.jpg
    100_0812.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0813.jpg
    100_0813.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1
The only way a body lift would help is if you want to run the exhaust pipe inside the frame rail. A suspension lift will help clear the crossover pipe. I ran a 2.5 inch crossover so there isn't much clearance for the driveshaft. Won't be a problem after i get my lift kit on. How big of a body lift are you going to run?

You might be able to clear the pipe between the frame rails. Should definetely clear the crossover with the front drive shaft with a 4 inch suspension.

Back