• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer tow mirrors (DIY)

I don't care much for the base on those (GMT800).

Any photos of these dodge mirrors on a fleetside bed truck (whole truck photo - not focused on the mirrors, themselves)?

SANY4476.jpg

and is anyone using these mirrors and using vent visors? I'm wondering if I'll be forced to try to use the dodge vent visors, instead.

Forgot to say. If you want a set I should be able to get them, but will have to check on a price. LMK if you do.

Do you have photos of the vent visors on, Leroy? I wouldn't mind seeing what they look like. Did you have to trim them like BJ is talking about needing to do.

My only real concern at this point is how did you decide where to drill the first hole? I'm having a hard time picturing how to do so with those long studs holding the base so far off the door. I am thinking I can have someone hold the shop vac up on the inside of the door post to catch any shavings that might fall from the drilling. I sure don't want bare metal down in the bottom of my door.

I also see there are guys selling the mirror bases on the bay and they're to keep the mirrors from vibrating. Anyone here using those or is everyone just using the sway bar bushings? It appears the later model bases (+02) have the bolts spaced much further apart. From a stability standpoint, it only makes logical sense. Too bad those won't fit our trucks - that really stinks

Are any of the aftermarket ones made in the USA?

Last edited:
I pushed a piece of cardboard over the mirror mount bolts and traced the shape of the mirror base onto the cardboard.

Then I held the cardboard up to the mounting area, leveled the mirror template and marked my holes.

I think there's pictures in my mirror install thread somewhere.

You don't need the mirror "plates", those are for dodges (pansy sheetmetal). Our truck doors are already double thick in that area.

I used some steel sleeves to take up the extra stud length and give it a solid "no flex" feel.

You could hang off my mirrors if you had too....

hello all im new lol i have been reading up on this for some time it seems as though these mirrors fit quite well i figured id throw my two cents in ill be picking a set up looking on ebay theres a set for 149!

power for that price? I've seen several non powered ones for pretty low cost. In fact, I found a set of mopar OEM non powered ones that I made an offer for, but then I realized they were manual adjust.

Aren't there "aftermarket" Tow mirrors (Same style almost) that bolt right up?......Didn't David (88GMC) do a write up on in his "Slow Tow Pig" build thread?

Back