• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer tow mirrors (DIY)

Ok,, Im gonna give it a try,
here is a pic of the mirror close up,
May-20-09006.jpg

I cant believe the bases on thoser mirrors line up so well with our doors.... Seems like the base is a little different shape than ours, where did you get the longer studs from?

I was on ebay lookin for new mirrors, but they all say like 94-98, and 99-02. Are there any difference between these two? Oil, what mirrors are yours, and who did you buy them from. I would like non-power heated mirrors tho.... I love the mods...., first handles now mirrors, my truck already has the 95 and newer mirrors on it (its a 94), but i like the dodge ones more

I was on ebay lookin for new mirrors, but they all say like 94-98, and 99-02. Are there any difference between these two? Oil, what mirrors are yours, and who did you buy them from. I would like non-power heated mirrors tho.... I love the mods...., first handles now mirrors, my truck already has the 95 and newer mirrors on it (its a 94), but i like the dodge ones more

If you get mirrors for a 94-2000 you should be good. I bought mine on ebay back in 05 , so I can't remember who they came from. I do know it was a Dodge dealer.
The mirrors come with the longer studs.

I have a hard time paying attention to the truck, because his avatar seems to distract me.

x3

If you get mirrors for a 94-2000 you should be good. I bought mine on ebay back in 05 , so I can't remember who they came from. I do know it was a Dodge dealer.
The mirrors come with the longer studs.

Do you think this one is OK ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-1...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1171|240:1318
and, if my brain functions not too bad, a RAM 2500 94-2000 stock mirror should fit too ?

1994-2001 Dodge Are the same body style Right? Someone correct me if wrong. So, those mirrors should work fine. Damn good price to.

Yeah, the body styles were the same.... My buddys got a 98 with stock non towing mirrors, he loves the new ones...

Resurrecting this thread -

The part numbers listed say they're for "manual folding" which I understand, but 1999gmc stated he hadn't gotten the heat hooked up yet. I assume the electric adjust, however, is hooked up, right? Didn't someone post on this and give a wiring schematic at one point?

Will the mirrors from the '05 or so models work, as well, on our body style?

05 Dodge TTM won't have the same base/won't work on GMT400.
Have you seen the GMT800 TTM's made to fit GMT400's? I have another post about those and a few members have installed them and really like them, I know I do. If you can't find that post let me know and I'll add a link here to it.

Leroy

The part numbers listed say they're for "manual folding" which I understand, but 1999gmc stated he hadn't gotten the heat hooked up yet. I assume the electric adjust, however, is hooked up, right? Didn't someone post on this and give a wiring schematic at one point?

There's some wiring info in the thread I made for my dodge mirror install.....

Back