• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Trailer tow mirrors (DIY)

For me the vibration is minimal when extended.
I'm not sure what you are asking about as far as the veiwing range?

OK I will get the messurement from the door to the outside edge of the mirror for you tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.

OK, from the door glass to the outside edge of mirror is 19" and 20" to outside housing (extended). Hope that helps.
Leroy

The third and fouth pics in 1st post are extended. Do you need more?

excuse my ignorance. I don't have 'normal' mirrors to compare them too, I thought they were before and after pix. I now see where they 'slide'. very nice, and they actually stick out more than the dumbo ears I have going for me now... My truck would look really nice with those mirrors and the HD pull handles.

I see now, they rotate 90d... Neat. Do you see any easy/clean way to make the extended postion permanent? Too bad those Ford mirrors on the dually in your driveway didn't work. I've always been fond of those mirrors.

When I first got mine I ran them flip up for a long time. I have them fliped down most of the time now except when towing. You can just leave them flip up permanently on your truck no problem.

I added these to my truck last thanksgiving,, and LOVE them. I towed for years with not extending mirrors. I love the function and the look of them.

Cool, got any pictures?

I love your avatar,

Welcome to DTR.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,, I'm not sure how to post them in here yet,, so I will take some and put in my garage. Its a constant work in progress.

Yea,, I stumbled across that pic on the internet, thought it was perfect. Its a really nice looking,,, uhh,,, tractor, lol

My Tahoe had the bolt holes in the door for the factory towing mirros so I scrouned around ebay for the factory dumbo ones. They only take about a minute each to install so I take them off when not towing.

My Tahoe had the bolt holes in the door for the factory towing mirros so I scrouned around ebay for the factory dumbo ones. They only take about a minute each to install so I take them off when not towing.

Hey now, only the full time guys who use the 'dumbo ear' mirrors are allowed to poke fun at them!

The rest of you can just call them Heavy Duty. :)

Thanks, not planing on a kit.
If someone wanted power and If you wanted to take the risk of damaging the new mirrors, you could somehow attach the GM motor assy to the back of the Dodge mirror. I think that would be easier than the next option becuase of the electrical connections/wiring. It would cost less also.

The next option you could do is buy two sets of Dodge mirrors one set from a 94-03 and one 04-05. In 04 they are power, but have the wrong base, so you swap the power head onto the 94-03 base.
You would still have the wiring to figure out but it could be done. Where theres a will theres a way. This option would be very expensive. If new around $600, but you might be able to sell the 04 non powers to a car lot or someone that just needs some cheaper mirrors back on their truck??

found these, powered and heated : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...021QQitemZ310143843833QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
;)

Back