• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractor/equipment for up to 5 acres

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Tell me about the front mower option?

I have front hydro connections and quicktach bucket.
When I was in Idaho, the boss had one for a skid. It was a deck like on a riding mower, only bigger. Set it on the ground and put the front end in float and go to town. Worked pretty good. It also was hard on wire fencing. It spun fast and would chew it up. Not like a brush hog that sucks it in and wraps it around everything. I'd like a brush for mine. I could put a brush to work around here. Forks are fun too. Makes unloading hay easy. Stack the hay on pallets and stack the pallets where I need them. I've gotten good at moving the pallets on the front wheels with the backs almost off the ground.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
When I was in Idaho, the boss had one for a skid. It was a deck like on a riding mower, only bigger. Set it on the ground and put the front end in float and go to town. Worked pretty good. It also was hard on wire fencing. It spun fast and would chew it up. Not like a brush hog that sucks it in and wraps it around everything. I'd like a brush for mine. I could put a brush to work around here. Forks are fun too. Makes unloading hay easy. Stack the hay on pallets and stack the pallets where I need them. I've gotten good at moving the pallets on the front wheels with the backs almost off the ground.
We've got forks.

Are you talking about a hydraulically driven mower deck with hydraulic motors?

I inquired about the hydraulic system being capable of running a mower deck and was never given an answer.

I know on some machines, you can't just use the hydraulics, you have to add a pump and reservoir or something to run something like a mower deck.

jhornsby3

Reaction score
We've got forks.

Are you talking about a hydraulically driven mower deck with hydraulic motors?

I inquired about the hydraulic system being capable of running a mower deck and was never given an answer.

I know on some machines, you can't just use the hydraulics, you have to add a pump and reservoir or something to run something like a mower deck.
Some attachments won't work properly due to the lack of pressure. That is true. But there are many that can be used, as long as they will work with the fluid used in the Bota. The brush I was looking at required a higher PSI but could still be used. I was told that the gearing can be changed to combat the lower PSI and to get the brush to spin at the higher RPM. As for the mower, it will spin fast enough to do a good job on a finished lawn. But if it's left to over grow, it will bunch up and not cut as well. I have the same issue with my push mower on my front lawn. So, I have to cut it every week or less in top growing season.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Some attachments won't work properly due to the lack of pressure. That is true. But there are many that can be used, as long as they will work with the fluid used in the Bota. The brush I was looking at required a higher PSI but could still be used. I was told that the gearing can be changed to combat the lower PSI and to get the brush to spin at the higher RPM. As for the mower, it will spin fast enough to do a good job on a finished lawn. But if it's left to over grow, it will bunch up and not cut as well. I have the same issue with my push mower on my front lawn. So, I have to cut it every week or less in top growing season.
My neighbor has one on his Bobcat. As heavy as that deck is, I don't think the LX2610 would even pick it off the ground

jhornsby3

Reaction score
My neighbor has one on his Bobcat. As heavy as that deck is, I don't think the LX2610 would even pick it off the ground

Depends. I've moved 12' 2X6's a third of a unit at a time. I think it's 1300# of weight. I have the counter balance fluid in my tires and it had just the tread touching the ground. And I have the industrial tires not the farm tires.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
Depends. I've moved 12' 2X6's a third of a unit at a time. I think it's 1300# of weight. I have the counter balance fluid in my tires and it had just the tread touching the ground. And I have the industrial tires not the farm tires.
I have the industrial tires also. We can't lift enough to make the back end light.

One of the flex decks - like the hydraulic Toros would probably work.
But I'd probably be money ahead to just buy a Toro unit all set up if There was one on a government auction or something.
We'll see what happens. Never know. We might just have an auction and sell everything

jhornsby3

Reaction score
I have the industrial tires also. We can't lift enough to make the back end light.

One of the flex decks - like the hydraulic Toros would probably work.
But I'd probably be money ahead to just buy a Toro unit all set up if There was one on a government auction or something.
We'll see what happens. Never know. We might just have an auction and sell everything

I hadn't thought about it, but I have an old 64" deck from an industrial/ commercial mower that I turned into a yard mule. Change up the belts a little and mount a hydraulic "motor" to it. Then just put some mounts for the forks to hold it. I wanted to regear that mower so it could scream down the dirt roads at 50-60mph. But got a golf cart for free and put the time and money into that. Anybody that says a golf cart over 35 is fun is just, plain, crazy. There is more control steering a pick up with a broken steering shaft than that old cart with complete steering.

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about it, but I have an old 64" deck from an industrial/ commercial mower that I turned into a yard mule. Change up the belts a little and mount a hydraulic "motor" to it. Then just put some mounts for the forks to hold it. I wanted to regear that mower so it could scream down the dirt roads at 50-60mph. But got a golf cart for free and put the time and money into that. Anybody that says a golf cart over 35 is fun is just, plain, crazy. There is more control steering a pick up with a broken steering shaft than that old cart with complete steering.
Our 2006 Jeep Liberty is our side by side..

Daughter and grand kids keep borrowing it when they have a car down. Grandson just came and got it yesterday