• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tractor/equipment for up to 5 acres

Sure sounds like a scam to me.

Seems to me, if it was legit, it would be sold already.

Call back and tell him you want to meet up to buy the tractor in person.
Here’s the deal, I don’t need it for like another year and I know market conditions are getting softer. Used car prices were down 13% last month. I’d prefer a local purchase, so I’ll keep looking. I did like the model and the 60 hp.

Here’s the deal, I don’t need it for like another year and I know market conditions are getting softer. Used car prices were down 13% last month. I’d prefer a local purchase, so I’ll keep looking. I did like the model and the 60 hp.
As long as it's emissions free.

I wouldn't buy a piece of equipment with emissions unless it was dirt cheap.

Even then it might be too expensive.

I've also known a lot of people that have had issues with controls by wire. Especially hydraulic controls

I wouldn't expect you to fall for most things like this. Just giving my 2 cents.

Email is slick Con words to get hook set. If true it would be advertised on probably on a few auction sites and sold online through a reputable auction yard. If it was a repossessed it would have been picked up and shown on a stock lot awaiting auction not a home pic.

I don't know the details but something about an Auction being "buyer beware" has some break in liability chain to back parties, warranty, repossession company etc and why typically repossession or other properties sold by govt for taxes etc is mostly an auction bid process.

If they are a legit repo company it should state that on their webpage. Dealers have plenty of options to sell equipment at local auctions.

Another thing I think some of these scams do is fish for contacts to sell to mailing lists. They may or may not go thru with the con. For me the contact data entry looks like it could easily fill a database and doesn't give options to link your email to keep a communication history from

I've got 7 acres and an MF 135 has served me well for many years. Plenty of power for plowing with a 2 bottom plow. Woods RM59 mower is big enough for a field finish mower. It's a '67 model, 42 HP Continental gas engine that I completely overhauled about 15 yrs. ago. Wet sleeve engine so it's like a new engine after sleeving. Simple, rugged tractor with a live clutch which is great for mowing in heavy stuff with my bush hog. I would, however, if you look for one try to get power steering.

After seeing the email I'm even more leery. 7 attachments?! A new brush hog for that unit alone is at least 5 or 6k. I'd say run away as fast as you can. Or ask for him to take a picture in front of the machine with today's paper. And given how expensive diesel is the trucking rate is too low to believe as well.

I think 2014/15 were the last years for pre emissions Kubota. Models like the MX51/5200 had EGR but that can be easily blocked off.

After seeing the email I'm even more leery. 7 attachments?! A new brush hog for that unit alone is at least 5 or 6k. I'd say run away as fast as you can. Or ask for him to take a picture in front of the machine with today's paper. And given how expensive diesel is the trucking rate is too low to believe as well.

I think 2014/15 were the last years for pre emissions Kubota. Models like the MX51/5200 had EGR but that can be easily blocked off.
Well I asked him about emissions year (Tier IV) and he said he thought 2018, when I had been hearing 2014 or 2015. So that caused me to go no further and I brought it to the opinionated experts here.

I am a member over in the gmsquarebody dot com forum website as I used to have a 1978 Chevy K20.
I paste the daily prayer from here into there and have not posted a lot since selling my 78.
Someone, somehow hacked my profile and stole info, or something.
In the GMSB forum they listed a dash board for sale, under my handle, MrMarty51.
Some of the members read it and took it for a scam.
One member did not. He paid through paypal, under friends or family to avoid the transfer fees, paid through His credit union card. Not sure if it was a debit, or, credit card.
After not receiving shipping confirmation He began to question the validity. He tried contacting the bastard but received back no replies. He tried getting PP involved but since he paid through the friend/family option PP would not process the complaint.
He went to his credit union and they too wont process it because that would be money out of the credit unions pocket.
One of the admins over in GMSB finally messaged me and got my PW changed and He got the fake user blocked.
So, be very wary of any and all online transactions, especially from individuals and many companies too.

Yup. Was not the Credit Uniion's fault. Or the credit card company's. Or PayPal's. Paying attention is the best defense, although not foolproof.

If anything, this is in the FBI's lane, but am betting the amount is way too small for them to chase. Would not surprise me if the money is now in the form of some foreign curency, or washed into gift cards and laundered back to cash.

The fraudsters probably figured out the GMSB password by starting with a stolen password from another site and playing around a bit until it worked. All of this is automated.

By the way, if not noticed, I have started to publically call-out bots, where potential for fraud is one of the reasons.

Yup. Was not the Credit Uniion's fault. Or the credit card company's. Or PayPal's. Paying attention is the best defense, although not foolproof.

If anything, this is in the FBI's lane, but am betting the amount is way too small for them to chase. Would not surprise me if the money is now in the form of some foreign curency, or washed into gift cards and laundered back to cash.

The fraudsters probably figured out the GMSB password by starting with a stolen password from another site and playing around a bit until it worked. All of this is automated.

By the way, if not noticed, I have started to publically call-out bots, where potential for fraud is one of the reasons.
They may have started with my ebay account.
It got hacked.
It come up that I needed to log in. That might have been the mistake. I never had to log in from my phone. I think though that it had already been hacked. Tried my PW and would not go. Finally out of desperation I did a PW reset.
Before I could immediately log in, PW would not match.
WTF ? ? ? ?
I messed with it for a while and could not create a PW that would allow me to log in.
I called ebay and talked to a rep. We went through the actions and created a new PW. Same thing.
Finally on a chat and the rep, after a while said okay then the line went dead.
Tried logging in, nope.
Called back, this time a lady called me back. We went through several steps and about an hour or more and she finally tells me that this account is now locked down and I, or anyone else would never be able to get into it again.
Well that sucks. I had a lot of positive feedbacks, several hundred and 100% positive.
Now I have no fleabay account and I’m not sure I’ll open another.
So far I been able to find parts and components I need without them. 🤷‍♂️

It got hacked.
It come up that I needed to log in. That might have been the mistake. I never had to log in from my phone. I think though that it had already been hacked. Tried my PW and would not go. Finally out of desperation I did a PW reset.
Before I could immediately log in, PW would not match.
WTF ? ? ? ?
I messed with it for a while and could not create a PW that would allow me to log in.
I called ebay and talked to a rep. We went through the actions and created a new PW. Same thing.
Finally on a chat and the rep, after a while said okay then the line went dead.
Tried logging in, nope.
Called back, this time a lady called me back. We went through several steps and about an hour or more and she finally tells me that this account is now locked down and I, or anyone else would never be able to get into it again.
Well that sucks. I had a lot of positive feedbacks, several hundred and 100% positive.
Now I have no fleabay account and I’m not sure I’ll open another.
So far I been able to find parts and components I need without them. 🤷‍♂️
Similar reason why I had to shut down PayPal account.

... I never had to log in from my phone...
And ^ this is the main problem. Allowing the mobile device to store passwords is a rather big vunerability and no different than putting fish in a barrel and thinking the stork won't snag them. Just say-in ;)

Fortunately the fraudsters did not jump over to stealing funds directly from the bank as I know people who are living the downside of this scenario :(

Maybe I now will do that too.
How I knew my PayPal account got hacked, I got two messages for purchases of computer equipment totaling $4,400, as I was sitting in my seat on a plane pulling back from the jet way. The flight landed after 9:00 pm and PayPal customer service would not open until the following morning. I got the transactions reversed the following morning. PayPal gave me an electronic token card which generated random PINs to further secure my account. PayPal insisted I connect my account to a bank account, so I created an unfunded bank account just for that. Later on the PINs from the token card stopped working due to a software change at PayPal. Spent 8 hours with customer service over two days trying to get things corrected and I finally gave up and instructed them to close the account.

Two things.

First, I asked my Kubota dealer and he said he has never heard of a 60 horse tractor with a mid PTO.

Second; PayPal I only do the F&F after someone calls me for a product or service. Other than that, I charge them the 4.2% for the transaction. That F&F will still throw a charge. But going the "charged" route does work both ways. I've had someone say they didn't get a shipment. Turned out, they wanted more product without paying for it. PayPal said it was their MO through them.

Two things.

First, I asked my Kubota dealer and he said he has never heard of a 60 horse tractor with a mid PTO.

Second; PayPal I only do the F&F after someone calls me for a product or service. Other than that, I charge them the 4.2% for the transaction. That F&F will still throw a charge. But going the "charged" route does work both ways. I've had someone say they didn't get a shipment. Turned out, they wanted more product without paying for it. PayPal said it was their MO through them.
I thought there were mid PTOs for old John Deere 4010's and 4020's

Back