I'm starting this thread 3.5 weeks into this project. If I had started this thread when I first started the project, this introduction would have read a lot different.... My initial plan was to address the rust I could see taking hold of the quarter panels by cutting it out, welding in some small patch panels and then touch up the paint. I was also going to remove the interior and apply sound deadener on all interior panels. I had a week off of work and I thought I could get most of it done during that time. Weeeeellllllll...... I started taking the truck apart and evaluating the rust and to my dismay I found a LOT more than I expected.....a lot. So now it has almost become a full-on, frame-on restoration! Not exactly what I had planned to be doing this summer, but if I didn't tackle it now, the truck was going to end up being a hulk of rusted-away metal. Some would say that the truck is too far gone, but just about any truck I was to buy near me is going to have varying degrees of this issue. Also repairing the rust is cheaper than buying a new truck. And finally I like that I will know pretty much everything about this truck and have pride in saving it from certain death. I'm starting this thread now with pics and notes from along the way and then hopefully keep it up-to-date after that.