I forgot to mention that there was a lot of careful measuring and planning to get this panel in just the right spot. Luckily the passenger side was still all factory steel so I could use it for reference. The taillight opening ended up dead-nuts.
Today started in the junkyard. I cut the two pieces I need for the wheelwells from a pickup bed.
After that I welded in the corner patch panel. It went pretty well overall.
Even the part with the large gap and mismatched contours turned out pretty well.
Welding the patch panel was as far as I got, I didn’t do any grinding of the welds or finish welding the wheel arch panel. This is probably the last Tahoe update for a few weeks....I need to start on another project tomorrow.