• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rock auto order problem

Stoney

Reaction score
Tried calling RockAuto to order an ACDelco harmonic balancer and pulley found out you can't call them they do not offer over the phone customer service..I'm not going to order a part if I haven't talked to somebody on the phone that can guarantee me it's the right part they have the computers that can match up and make sure it's right .I don't... Do any of you know a place I can order an AC Delco brand harmonic balancer and pulley from and talk to a live person that I can give my credit card number two??I've tried every part store in my area and none of them can get it

As an over all company R.A. Is ok. I agree I wish there were people you could talk to. They take care of a higher percentage of warranty issues than places like autozone. But when there is a question or problem it is far more difficult to deal with.

They are a sponsor here. Maybe you could get assistance through the contact here.

@RockAutoLLC

I really wish companies would learn that not everybody understand how to use technology and some of us have no interest in learning...it's so annoying when you can't find anything out because you don't know how to operate some electronic device

The @ symbol with their name I did should let them know.
You can also leave message on their page. From main screen scroll down to vendors and find rock auto

Ok..thank you.. I'm surprised they don't have a link on here for us to order parts from... With Leroy at least you can put in the part and it pulls the right one up for you and you just hit the PayPal button LOL

Anyway know if those are the right ones??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-175813.png
    Screenshot_20190322-175813.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 2
Part of how they give low prices is by doing it all online. If they hire people to answer phones, they have to pay them, cost's go up, and before you know ot you're dealing with your local auto parts store. Its the price you pay to get those super low prices.

Rockauto shows AC Delco # 10154688 & AC Delco # 12557345 for the pulley.. Both can be found on ebay if RA isn't going to work..

Also with the correct part numbers any parts store should be able to get them.

They both are on ebay from several different sellers and that is the correct part numbers...

Keep in mind you should have a balancer puller & installer tool to do the job without risk of damaging the crank threads.. the crank bolt size is M16X1.5, most rental tools won't have that size adapter..

They both are on ebay from several different sellers and that is the correct part numbers...

Keep in mind you should have a balancer puller & installer tool to do the job without risk of damaging the crank threads.. the crank bolt size is M16X1.5, most rental tools won't have that size adapter..

That’s right. Advanced auto and Napa didn’t have the right size adapter when I did mine

Jared how much of a job was it to change it and did you do the front seal while you had it apart?

I have commissioned my lil sis to help with ordering from Amazon... In under 10 seconds she founded the balancer the pulley and the front seal. 168 dollars... It comes as a deal if you buy all three... Believe me when I tell you my pride was destroyed asking her 😒... I will never hear the end of this

I'm assuming that's just a big socket

When you go to put the new balancer back on the factory bolt won’t be long enough to pull the balancer on. If it does by chance screw in there won’t be enough threads to safely get the balancer on without stripping the threads in the crank. That’s where the install kit comes in handy. The adapter is pretty much a longer bolt to let you get the balancer seated then you take it out and use the factory bolt.

Yeah I did the front main seal (kinda) when I did both pulleys. My buddy owns his own shop so he actually had the seal put in before I got there. When I found out that none of the parts houses around here had the right size adapter I took it to his shop and left it there while me and the family went into town and he had the old pulleys off and the seal in when I got there. He wasn’t supposed to do the work he was going to let me borrow his stuff but I guess he got bored.

I’m going to just buy a longer M16x1.5 bolt for the next time I have to do the pulleys.

Last edited:
Ok cool... In case there's any question I have never done this before....lol... And ironically for somebody that does not know much about these trucks I may be buying a second one just because it's $700 and a buddy of mine is willing to pay me 500 for the transmission out of it... Little does he know I have an extra 4l80e.. so then I have two of these things to learn with in case I screw one of them up

Fair enough... Just personal opinion.. they should offer an option where you can order by phone for a $5 fee... I'm sure many people would be more than willing... And my apologies I should not have titled it that way but frustration gets to me..

You have me confused BT farm... How do we get a discount from RockAuto through this site when I go to the vendors and click on the button it just takes me to their regular home page

I edited my earlier post a little. All you need to get the pulleys off is a regular harmonic balancer puller and a seal puller or a little curved pick to get the seal out

Back