• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Project for the boys and i

Nice work.
How about if You are in question of the mounts having a flat side, run a bead of weld on each side of the hole ? That should stop them bushings from turning.

Yeah that’s a hefty bend for sure. Nice.

Now that you mention it, I do see some flats in my mounts. However, I got out the Energy Suspension mounts that I’ll be installing and they are perfectly round. I can’t see how making a mount not spin could be that important. Maybe it was a feature they put in to make the mounts a little more of a “press fit” at the factory so they wouldn’t fall out at the assembly line? My opinion (for what it’s worth) would be that the flats aren’t important for our needs.

ACC49E58-B365-43FF-81CF-5956B4428AAD.jpegBC162F22-F2D9-48FF-9675-CC9474836000.jpeg

I think you're on the right track, @n8in8or with that assembly thing. I was thinking that they were there to keep the bushing from spinning when the nut was being tightened down with a break-away impact socket as it came through that station on the assembly line. Aftermarket wouldn't need it because they're being installed with a wrench to back it up while the nut (or bolt if done backwards) is torqued down.

Ease of assembly line is all I can imagine. We did tons of body mounts and just made them with round holes. Possible Answers to the question according to ASE:

A. Technician A says it wasn’t on the ASE test.
B. Technician B says it doesn’t matter.
C. Technician C says he never even noticed them.
D. All of the above.

Hint: whenever all of the above is an option- take it.

Thanks Nate, that means alot coming from you. Now my next dilemma, minor one, should I use steel with a rounded corners or just use a piece of 4" C channel for the rear cab mounts? I know most won't see it but I'll know it's there.

Looks like he’s a natural.

Sounds like a personal preference on the mount. If you’re going to post pictures, then it should probably be the rounded mount, but if we’re not going to see it then the C channel will be fine 😄

Back