• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola Diesel Injectors

Injectors from pensacola i had at one time leaked between the two halfs where they split to remove nozzle. Seemed to me like they were not machine perfectly flat.

Injectors from pensacola i had at one time leaked between the two halfs where they split to remove nozzle. Seemed to me like they were not machine perfectly flat.
The 2 halves have to be lapped togetehr with fine lapping compund similiar to doing a valve job to get perfect mating surfaces. When shops cut corners, they skip doing the lapping process, and you get leakers. I remember years back soem guys bought some leakers from them, and ended up lapping the 2 halves in to stop the leaking. Then they had them pop tested and found they were all junk anyways, so it was wasted time. I seriously don't know how they are still in business with all the bad reports about them out there. To many people fall for there cheap prices, get disgusted, and end up buying somewhere else and not returning the junk because they don't feel like fighting with them. I know I had to fork out over $3K to buy a set of LB7 injectors for mine and the $150 a piece core charge that I had to pay while I fought with them to get my money back. Then I just about had to threaten to sue them to get them to send me a set of cores back so I could get my $1200 back from the general after these guys said my engine was junk. New injectors fixxed it up, and been going for over 6 years now.

Over on the hummer forum I've started going to again, there is group of hummer owners that think it's a good outfit. They say it's a few guys making up repeated propaganda. Some men, you just can't reach...

Over on the hummer forum I've started going to again, there is group of hummer owners that think it's a good outfit. They say it's a few guys making up repeated propaganda. Some men, you just can't reach...
I guess it's their dime.

The 2 halves have to be lapped togetehr with fine lapping compund similiar to doing a valve job to get perfect mating surfaces. When shops cut corners, they skip doing the lapping process, and you get leakers. I remember years back soem guys bought some leakers from them, and ended up lapping the 2 halves in to stop the leaking. Then they had them pop tested and found they were all junk anyways, so it was wasted time. I seriously don't know how they are still in business with all the bad reports about them out there. To many people fall for there cheap prices, get disgusted, and end up buying somewhere else and not returning the junk because they don't feel like fighting with them. I know I had to fork out over $3K to buy a set of LB7 injectors for mine and the $150 a piece core charge that I had to pay while I fought with them to get my money back. Then I just about had to threaten to sue them to get them to send me a set of cores back so I could get my $1200 back from the general after these guys said my engine was junk. New injectors fixxed it up, and been going for over 6 years now.

As FERM points out lapping is the key, over torquing can cause cracks in the internal galley (s) of body causing internal/external leaks and over pressure in fuel return circuit that pops off return lines. I rebuild my own always have and never any issues with leaks.

Back