• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola Diesel Injectors

When I bought my '99 the PO had installed Injectors from Pensacola and they leaked. He then installed HO Marine injectors from Heath and they're still in there 60K miles later. I have both receipts backing that up.

I'd go with Leroy. Does Leroy set the pop test on the injectors?

What's Pensicola's track record with their reman IP's, just out of curiosity?
The last couple of years, no better than there injectors. Quite a few people have had there stuff fail on them. I've yet to see somebody get good stuff from them myself. I know one of there guys is a member over at DP, and he doesn't even claim it because of there reputation.

Thanks guys. I'm looking for an affordable and reputable reman for my 98 Burb. It's due for a new IP. Affordable as in $500 range and rebuilt by Stanadyne certified techs and parts to newest specs.

2/3 rules of purchasing auto parts:
You can have the right part
You can have good quality
You can have it low cost

Please pick any 2 of the above three when purchasing auto parts.

For just a new head/rotor (4911) from Stanadyne count on $600 min. Then you still have rest of pump to go. For a reputable rebuild with USA parts budget $1100. If you find one for less there is a reason.
I can get brand new for $1500 if that helps.

Only 3 ways you will get a new $500 pump- N.O.S. That company quit selling them, an employee stole it and is selling on the side, someone bought one before realizing a block was bad and is now scraping the entire truck. And I have problems believing the last 2 guys...

They're expensive, it stinks. That's why having misdiagnosed ip made this such a horrible engine to own for non mechanic people and why it's cost of operating was reported as so much higher than it really is.

Call John @ unique and find ball park prices? If you don't go new you HAVE TO get someone who is good. Every since my pump builder passed away a few years back I have been researching and this list of non-complaint pump builders is short...

I'm looking for an affordable and reputable reman for my 98 Burb.

Am allergic to reman's and now only get *new* injection system parts (IP and injectors). Basically I got tired of 'saving' money for the reman items only for it to cost me more by having to pull them for replacement well short of any reasonable service life. So far the new IP and injectors are are holding up Ok.

And I'd jump on Leroy's IP as that is an awesome price for new; especially if it is the new ULSD compliant model :)

Am allergic to reman's and now only get *new* injection system parts (IP and injectors). Basically I got tired of 'saving' money for the reman items only for it to cost me more by having to pull them for replacement well short of any reasonable service life. So far the new IP and injectors are are holding up Ok.

And I'd jump on Leroy's IP as that is an awesome price for new; especially if it is the new ULSD compliant model :)

Sounds like somebody learned the hard way (maybe more than once?) that getting a rebuild by any shop certified once upon a time doesn't mean they are the right answer.

Only 1 time did I have an ip rebuilt to save money. Every other time it was improved performance, usually more ponies, occasionally better lifespan.

On high perf I never expect for cheaper than new. Nothing else high perf is cheaper than new stock...

Actually, reman was at the recommendation of the shop I use given they have good experience with the injection shop they sub to. Apparently I am the only 'lucky' customer with so many come-backs on the reman stuff (even on my DI rig, hmmm . . .). The shop now knows better than to try and talk me into reman injection parts any more :cool:

Theres nothing wrong with actual remanufactured parts that are truly remanned and brought back to factory specs. The problem is those shops who rebuild stuff, and call it remanned. I've also been burned by remans that were actually just rebuilds using used parts. A good example is LB7 injectors. You can get new ones, but they are over $350 a piece last I checked. Remans vary from $150 a piece all the way up to $312 a piece. The thing is though, MOST of those supposed remans are just rebuilds using used parts with new nozzles(pensacola diesel). BOSCH certified remans can be had for $212 to $312 a piece, and the kicker is the only part reused is the bodies, nuts, and other parts that don't move. ANY moving part or wear item gets replaced, and many of the bodies are the old style that had cracking issues, so they replace those as well. So there remans are basically the same as new ones. The problem is some shops try to convince you there remans are just as good, but BOSCH will only sell parts(except nozzles) to shops they have certified as being equipped to properly remanufacture and test them. It's weeding through the posers to the actual rebuilders who can fully do the job that is the problem.

So, any suggestions for rebuilders? I can go without the IP being in the Burb to send it in to be rebuilt to new specs while I wait for it. What I can't afford is $1K on my $12/hr job.

Anybody have any knowledge/experience with DCP out of Tennessee?

That is one of those company that say reman but use used parts or chinese made parts.

There are a lot of problems with member here and other forum similar to Pensacola Diesel in this thread topic.

So, any suggestions for rebuilders? I can go without the IP being in the Burb to send it in to be rebuilt to new specs while I wait for it. What I can't afford is $1K on my $12/hr job.

Heard good input here on Conestoga Diesel in Pennsylvania for rebuilt injectors. Might consider them for a rebuilt IP.

When I bought my '99 the PO had installed Injectors from Pensacola and they leaked. He then installed HO Marine injectors from Heath and they're still in there 60K miles later. I have both receipts backing that up.

I'd go with Leroy. Does Leroy set the pop test on the injectors?
When you say "leaked" where were the leaking?

Back