• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pensacola Diesel Injectors

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know that I need injectors, and I've been looking at getting bosch ones from either leroy or heath. However, I saw that Pensacola diesel has injectors for less than what it'd cost for new bosch ones. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, but I figured I'd see if anyone is running them, or has run them and if you've had any bad experiences with them. Thanks

Google the bad reviews of Pensacola diesel Junk. Keep in mind a bad injector takes out your engine like the avatar pic I have. The bright side is the money you save on injectors can go toward the $2000.00 it takes to swap another engine in.

Leroy is clearly the better choice.

I am aware of a couple ford guys that are extremely unhappy with Pensacola on their injectors. End up spending hundreds more to get where they needed to be.

I would lean toward Leroy over Heath, but maybe cuz he is always helping people out here I would even pay a touch more to him. Also could be because he earned the title United States Marine. (Shameless plug)

I've got two sets of Heath injectors. The set in the truck are OE while the others that are on the shelf are the HO variety (or Marine if one prefers). I ran the H.O. set when getting ready for my own runs on the salt flats (rained out). Ran quite well as several here who drove it can attest. Cruising down the freeway at 65mph I would make upwards of 20mpg with them as well. With the OE's, I can't get it over 105mph but the H.O.s were still pushing at 120mph. Your call and FWIW, Bill does answer the phone.

Merry Christmas one and all.

I wasn't clear or finish my last post. Bill does answer the phone and I have had great conversations with him and still use him as a supplier. When you call Leroydiesel, the only person you speak to is Leroy. Merry Christmas everyone.

Pensecola injectors are foreign junk. 3 out of 8 leaked and wouldnt seal. I chucked them in the trash and rebuilt my bosch injectors with new nozzles.

Nick, I f you can...
Before you swap them, notate mpg, & 0-60, & top end if you feel so inclined. Then do the same run with the new injectors after you have 100 miles on them.

Comparisons are always a way to make yourself feel better, especially when you know the outcome is point to be good. But seriously, more info on the net will teach more people how valuable a good set of injectors really is.

Nick if I can help just LMK. I just placed a big order for injectors. Still have a few sets in stock now though too.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations, Truly I appreciate that. Semper Fi ;)

Leroy, I plan on ordering a set as soon as I've got the cash for them, which should be the end of may. Gotta get through the semester, and get a few paychecks under my belt first

Money and time, never enough of either.

Ain't that the truth. Gotta pay to play though, it's a good thing I work whenever I can so that I can try to play with the big dogs. Gonna be putting in a good sized order from you in either late may, or June. It helps taking the truck off of DD duty, it means more money for maintenance/shiny show parts

Back